Should I be trading now?

MrMosquito

I got a lot of profit today, like 4 times more than what I was planned, now I am really excited and yet I see some positions that fit my strategy

I got a lot of profit today, like 4 times more than what I was planned, now I am really excited and yet I see some positions that fit my strategy
That's fantastic to hear about your unexpected profit today! Could you share more about the strategy you used for those positions that fit your plan?

That's fantastic to hear about your unexpected profit today! Could you share more about the strategy you used for those positions that fit your plan?
well i cant be explained in short here, but if i wanna say the general idea, i wait for a trend to be formed, then I indicate swing levels that were formed during the trend and then wait for the opposite trend to break them, i enter a trade in the same direction of the market.

I think it is good to take a deep breath, stick to your strategy, and don't let the excitement push you to overtrade.

I think it is good to take a deep breath, stick to your strategy, and don't let the excitement push you to overtrade.
That actually is correct, that day is over and I stopped trading, but the point was that there were a lot of positions that could fit into my strategy, would you trade in that case? I mean if there are like more than 20 positions that fit in to your strategy, on the other hand, you already have 4X the profit that you aimed to get.

SOunds like you may have been "just lucky" with a nicely behaved market! Try it again, but with small amounts so it doesn't hurt so much when the method fails. I find that most of the time there either isn't a trend, or there are several, depending on the time frame you're using. If you're highly selective about when you trade, it should help a lot.
The trend is your friend until the end, when it bends...

Try it again, but with small amounts so it doesn't hurt so much when the method fails.
That was a good idea it helps also to test the strategy nd realize if that was just being lucky or was a good strategy.

Wasn't that lucky? I am just sharing my experience.
Analyze it and check if everything was correct based on your analyses and plan. Do not consider a lucky one as one that was made by skills!

Taking the time to evaluate and find positions that align with your strategy even in moments of excitement is a sign of disciplined trading.