Sheep

Strong hands force cliche patterns so weak hands see a 'great trade' and pile in, only for those who know, to do what was known all along, and thus take the weak hands money.

For example.

There is a bloke who really brought the phrase forward on these boards... he lurks, but you rarely pull him out the shadows... but he gives away clues!!!

The skill is knowing exactly when it is safe to be a sheep and exactly when to go against them.

NT,

'Sheep' is a buzzword, there are tons of buzzwords and buzzphrases where the markets are concerned. The best anyone can do is go with the flow (go with the flow:LOL:, pants), i guess it's best to know the flow before it happens (insider trading), naughty naughty, i need a 'copper' smiley.:)

edit: Or break the MM rules and get ballsy and lucky!

edit2: Best to get ballsy with the insider knowledge, wink wink.

Last edited:
The trouble is, unless Wasp is completely pulling the wool over our eyes, he draws lines through candles and trades off of them - that's about as cliched as it gets, isn't it?

Edit: I should add it works, so what's wrong with being a sheep?

never give anything away

The trouble is, unless Wasp is completely pulling the wool over our eyes, he draws lines through candles and trades off of them - that's about as cliched as it gets, isn't it?

Edit: I should add it works, so what's wrong with being a sheep?

You'll never know... True darksiders keep their edge completely to themselves. ;)

Attachments

• rbun13l.jpg
    rbun13l.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 163
NT,

'Sheep' is a buzzword, there are tons of buzzwords and buzzphrases where the markets are concerned.

Yes, and Gladiatorial Arena or Arena of Gladiatorial Combat are among my favourites...and very apt too.

Stronghand/weakhand is only a perception of TF and who is willing to buy and sell at lower and higher prices.............this will happen without the individual retailer being involved, so the the retailer either gets the market right or wrong in terms of what they are buying or selling into, they themselves are not either weak or strong, just right or wrong.

I'm finding the oil painting analogy helpful.

(This comment was in reply to new_trader's one)

I saw, on 3 different forums, people shorting frantically at the GBPJPY 240m resistance... By the time everyone had their shorts piling in, smart money was exiting and building into the long... Sounds awfully like strong/smart hands/money suckering in the shorters to build up for the long to me........

I saw, on 3 different forums, people shorting frantically at the GBPJPY 240m resistance... By the time everyone had their shorts piling in, smart money was exiting and building into the long... Sounds awfully like strong/smart hands/money suckering in the shorters to build up for the long to me........

Those with the resting sell limit orders at the resistance were OK , though?

Were the suckers the ones with the late entries or am I completely missing the point?

This is obviously for T2W advisors only and good fun but only being on the forum three days and posted one thread on the ftse i didnt know if i should add but then i realised i was in good company and an authority on sheep. I am welsh and live in the country with lots of them around me. Ah well better go im off out for the evening with my wellies and rain mac. Should be a good one mustn't be to sheepish with the females around here.

Those with the resting sell limit orders at the resistance were OK , though?

Were the suckers the ones with the late entries or am I completely missing the point?

The sheep, or the 'suckers' were any who did not see the move for what it truly was. Those that could not see the larger picture and were still short when the market made obvious signs of the impending continuation up. It made them before hand even. The smart money was using the sheep/crowds shorting to assist their buying whilst they were sitting their holding their dicks in the hands as they got stopped out and they were buying into the dips and past resistance as it continued to rise.

Must sign off now as need to close my longs and enjoy my weekend. Have fun all!

The sheep, or the 'suckers' were any who did not see the move for what it truly was. Those that could not see the larger picture and were still short when the market made obvious signs of the impending continuation up. It made them before hand even. The smart money was using the sheep/crowds shorting to assist their buying whilst they were sitting their holding their dicks in the hands as they got stopped out and they were buying into the dips and past resistance as it continued to rise.

Must sign off now as need to close my longs and enjoy my weekend. Have fun all!

Thanks for the reply.

Gold, Thanks

NT,
'Sheep' is a buzzword, there are tons of buzzwords and buzzphrases where the markets are concerned. The best anyone can do is go with the flow (go with the flow, pants), i guess it's best to know the flow before it happens (insider trading), naughty naughty, i need a 'copper' smiley.
edit: Or break the MM rules and get ballsy and lucky!
edit2: Best to get ballsy with the insider knowledge, wink wink.