Sharescope EOD with Commodities?

rickxt2w

Hi Guys

I am a very contented Sharescope EOD user: I just need to draw a few resistance and support lines on clear, customisable charts :)

Sadly, Sharescope still only covers 3 commodities so I am currently using Signal Trader's EOD feed into Omnitrader which I find hard to analyse and cannot draw lines on.

Is there a way I can pull EOD commodities (futures) data into Sharescope or can anyone else recommend an alternative, elegant solution?

Apologies, if this thread already exists - if so, where is it?

Thanks

Rick

I'm not an expert at this but I believe the data that Sharescope uses can be exported to Metastock. I imagine that the process may be reversible? In which case you need to find the conversion kit and a MS eod source for commodities. Someone like DaveJB who I thinks used to use S/S data for MS or one of our metastock gurus (Zambuck perhaps) might be able to help.

Failing that Its probably time for moving up a gear. Tahoe charts is I believe soon bringing out worldwide eod and should be reasonably priced. See chuck t post today

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9566

Check out tahoe charts at
http://www.tahoecharts.com/

Updata Technical Analst eod is reasonably priced and would give you many features useful for commodities but u would probably be into more cash for a compatible datafeed but it may be worth checking with them at
http://www.updata.co.uk/ta/

If you were considering going that way I wouldn't be put off by some of the adverse reviews or comments on this site as the software has improved beyond all recognition and is now stable.

Sierra chart with a compatible feed is very well priced and available from the site :cheesy: Personally I find it a little unfriendly but I'm sure Rossored would be able to advise on this one.
http://www.sierrachart.com/

Have you considered a diy charting solution through Excel and dde the data? If you want to explore this let me know and I can point you to some sites for charting with Excel

I take it Sharescope cannot offer a solution?

Last edited:
Great feedback!

Thanks for all the input, Rog. Your efforts on this site are outstanding!
I prefer to spend my time trading rather than programming so am looking for a straight forward solution. Tahoe Charts does seem like a way to go.
Is 2 weeks for the EOD realistic, Chuck? How much will it cost?

TahoeCharts EOD

TahoeCharts EOD

We plan on opening up a beta for free in about 2 weeks so users like yourself can check it out. I believe the price will be $19 a month or $149 for the year for the sotware and data once it goes gold.

There will be a global EOD version for eSignal also later, but it will be a bit more expensive.

Chuck
http://www.tahoecharts.com

Sharescope seems rather picky on the import side, you'd end up having to either feed each commodity via Excel (say) to reformat it, or write yourself a conversion utility to do the job for you each day. Not a major task, but the sort of thing that makes me groan I have to admit. ( I have a low boredom threshold).
There are a few charting packages around that are more amenable to accepting other inputs - Sierra Chart might be worth a look as well?
Dave

Any one know how I can use Sharescope with commodities? It currently has lists just 3 metals, that's all. If I want to trade more commodities through SS, I have to get the historical data from somewhere, import that into SS and then refresh the data every day. Has anyone done this successfully?
Thanks.

rickxt2w said:
Hi Guys

I am a very contented Sharescope EOD user: I just need to draw a few resistance and support lines on clear, customisable charts :)

Sadly, Sharescope still only covers 3 commodities so I am currently using Signal Trader's EOD feed into Omnitrader which I find hard to analyse and cannot draw lines on.

Is there a way I can pull EOD commodities (futures) data into Sharescope or can anyone else recommend an alternative, elegant solution?

Apologies, if this thread already exists - if so, where is it?

Thanks

Rick

Yes you can pull data into Sharescope.......

Under Import settings and help file there is some explanation on how to do it....

Failing that please post data you want to import and will test it for you...make sure that it is a known data type...CSV, PRN, TXT etc...and make sure that date format is as specified in import settings avilable in Sharescope...

More elegant solution would be to step up to another package as suggested by Rognvald....

Have you considered a diy charting solution through Excel and dde the data? If you want to explore this let me know and I can point you to some sites for charting with Excel

Hi
I would be interested in the sites for Excel

zambuck said:
Yes you can pull data into Sharescope.......

Under Import settings and help file there is some explanation on how to do it....

Failing that please post data you want to import and will test it for you...make sure that it is a known data type...CSV, PRN, TXT etc...and make sure that date format is as specified in import settings avilable in Sharescope...

More elegant solution would be to step up to another package as suggested by Rognvald....

Thanks for the input Zambuck.

The problem is... I really like Sharescope. So importing is relatively straight forward. Is there an obvious source of EOD commodities data?