Sentiment of the Traders

aketo25

Hello i saw on etoro that there's a very interesting tool the sentiment where you can see in percent how many people are buying or selling a currency such as eur/us , usd/jpy , gbp/usd ( see the picture below )

my question is do you know another site/broker that can provide me these informations to know how many percent are selling or buying a currency , thank you so much

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 253
Hello i saw on etoro that there's a very interesting tool the sentiment where you can see in percent how many people are buying or selling a currency such as eur/us , usd/jpy , gbp/usd ( see the picture below )

my question is do you know another site/broker that can provide me these informations to know how many percent are selling or buying a currency , thank you so much

i believe IG have something similar

. . . my question is do you know another site/broker that can provide me these informations to know how many percent are selling or buying a currency , thank you so much
Hi aketo25,
Welcome to T2W.

I think malaguti is correct. However, it's very important to keep in mind these figures are based on the broker's own retail client positions - not industry professionals in the wider market. Usually, the figures - as in your example - are presented as a percentage, but the actual numbers of traders involved could be quite small and, needless to say, they aren't necessarily either experienced or profitable traders. So, be very careful how you use these stats!

As Martinghoul advises, you'll need a COT report to get an insight into the activity of market professionals. For that, check out this thread: Follow the Smart Money / COT Analysis

It would be interesting to know how you use / intend to use these figures?
Tim.

i think i understood but it's really random it's like gambling sometimes the Cot data provide a long direction and in fact the chart is going short ... so do you know which time frame or which column i should take in consideration to trade with the Cot , thank you

Last edited:
CMC markets offer thier client sentiment.

I think they offer 2 view - 1 of all clients, the other is their clients whose accounts have risen in the last month. something along those lines, but something that may interest you.

CoT is not being released following US shutdown... may get an update but it will probably be delayed... will see over the next few days... I expect it will be useless.
SSI is available from FXCM for a fee.

CoT is not being released following US shutdown... may get an update but it will probably be delayed... will see over the next few days... I expect it will be useless.

Just to clarify, SSI is updated every Thursday on DailyFX.com which is a free to everyone. In addition, SSI is updated twice a day on DailyFXplus.com which is free to FXCM clients.

In regards to a fee, you may be thinking of DSI which you and I discussed in another thread. That measures sentiment in the futures markets.