Seminars

Trading in Dubai

Hi Damian,

I have been told you are in Dubai and trading US equities. I am curently also in Dubai and setting up the workspace for the same. I had a few questions and was wonding if it is possible to perhaps call you. Thanks.

Regards,
Sheikh

Hi All,

Interesting thread, and since I am a Trader and Trading Coach, this is a thread I feel compelled to have an input in.

As many people here may already know, I trade U.S. Stocks and also offer private coaching to clients who want to be shown my method. The question I am always asked is the obvious one: "Why do you bother showing others your method instead of just trading?"

What I find fascinating is people's assumption that once you are able to trade successfully, you would just want to move to the Bahamas and sit there and trade and do nothing else. Personally, I am not ready to retire. I enjoy interacting with other traders and I like talking about trading, and I charge for my time because what I teach has value.

The problem with the coaching business is that there are so many books, seminars and courses that are completely useless. The world of Financial Trading seems to be filled with mis-information. Many people actually don't take up my coaching because my trading results don't sound outstanding enough for them. For some, they are too realistic. It seems that people would rather believe other unrealistic claims that are advertised.

I personally tell all my clients not to expect to be able to spend a day with me and then think that they can just go straight off and trade like a pro. What I teach will take some time to practice, which is why I encourage all my clients to stay in contact with me for as long they need to until they reach an appropriate level of independence.

You could argue that this thread has given me some free advertising, but trust me that is not the intention!

I hope that some of my explanations, views and opinions above will serve as an interesting response to WASP's original post.

Thanks

Damian

Hi Sheikh,

I actually trade in both U.S. Equities and Equity Options now - I should be trading in Options exclusively within the next month and my coaching / mentoring will be reflecting that.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Thanks

Damian

I actually trade in both U.S. Equities and Equity Options now - I should be trading in Options exclusively within the next month and my coaching / mentoring will be reflecting that.
Hi Damian,
Welcome back, long time no see - hope all is well with you?
Apologies to the thread starter for going off topic, but I'm surprised to learn about your decision to stop trading stocks in favour of options and would be interested to know your reasons for the switch?
Cheers,
Tim.

Hi Damian,
Welcome back, long time no see - hope all is well with you?
Apologies to the thread starter for going off topic, but I'm surprised to learn about your decision to stop trading stocks in favour of options and would be interested to know your reasons for the switch?
Cheers,
Tim.

Hi Tim,

Good to hear from you, I'm well thanks.

I started to make the transition from Stocks to Options about 2 years ago, and it shouldn't be too long now before I'm trading and coaching exclusively in U.S. Stock Options after a great deal of work and testing. I could have gone full-time with Options last year, but kept my Stock trading going as a precautionary safety net.

One of the reasons I've been absent from T2W for a while is because I've been concentrating 100% on my trading business transition, and also moving overseas! If I had to choose the number one best thing about trading, it's that it truly is a universal profession that can be operate globally with no fixed base required, which is excellent and gives you a great sense of personal freedom.

As for my trading, I am still trading in the same U.S. Stocks that I always traded, but now I'm using Options to gain exposure to a Stock's movement rather than tying up capital by buying the Stock itself. This gives me far greater leverage and increased returns.

As far as my coaching goes, I am mentoring clients to start with the strategy by trading the Stock itself and then progress to Options when they are fully comptetent and have built up sufficient capital.

So, that's me in a nutshell!

(Like you say, apologies to the thread-starter)

Thanks

Damian

Hey Damian!
I live in Dubai and trade forex on the side - been quite profitable and Am now considering doing this full time. Do you have any insight on how one can go about obtaining a freelancer trade license to day trade? Not to manage publics funds - just to trade my own funds.

Thanks and regards!
:clap:
Hi Sheikh,

Feel free to PM me anytime. :clap:

Thanks

Damian

Hey Damian!
I live in Dubai and trade forex on the side - been quite profitable and Am now considering doing this full time. Do you have any insight on how one can go about obtaining a freelancer trade license to day trade? Not to manage publics funds - just to trade my own funds.

Thanks and regards!
:clap:
Hi traderdxb,
Damian has 'resigned' from these boards and is no longer active here, so he may not see your post. If you click on his name, a drop down menu appears with an option to send him an e-mail. This is probably your best bet - good luck!
Tim.

Thank you Tim, I have done this now.

Hi traderdxb,
Damian has 'resigned' from these boards and is no longer active here, so he may not see your post. If you click on his name, a drop down menu appears with an option to send him an e-mail. This is probably your best bet - good luck!
Tim.