Science fact - not science fiction ...

Bezos has beaten Musk (for now), in the race for "safe landing". The reusable space-rocket is nearly here: http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/24/9790510/blue-origin-reusable-rockets-vertical-landing-spacex

Yes and Amazon I can say has changed my life considerably in the last couple of years.

Now subscribe to Amazon prime and watch what I want when I want as well as purchase most stuff from them. Fast becoming the one stop shopping mall for me.

Tangible business model with online presence and future proofed to a large extent.

Sadly don't own any of their shares. Will buy upon weakness. Watching... :rolleyes:

I see the Russians are going to put a space station on the moon.

I had no idea IGN were publishing non-gaming and tv show-related news.
This is interesting though. The technology for such mining doesn't even exist yet, or if it does, the cost would be prohibitive and it would be impossible to make a profit, but they're already laying down the legal framework for it.

I know International law forbids States to claim ownership of extra terrestrial bodies. This looks like a loophole they have found.

Once the " Gold Rush " is on to mine asteroids etc. I wonder if it will upset the delicate balance between bodies out there ?

Yes typical isn't it. Before the rights over the ice caps are claimed some placing laws for such claims for resources in space. Great idea! Plan ahead. (y)

Or maybe not a good idea... :rolleyes:

Arctic wilderness faces pollution threats as oil and gas giants target its riches