Scanners

BigK said:
I just signed up for free trial of the Via scanner. Can anyone give me some advice on how it should be used ? I use a 2 -5 - 20min charts FWIW :)

Hi BigK

The set ups are based on 5 min charts.

I hope you enjoy it :LOL:

Does anyone have any idea if there is a scanner out there which would alert me to those instances where the EMA (10) line crosses over the VWAP line ?

Chicken Curry said:
Does anyone have any idea if there is a scanner out there which would alert me to those instances where the EMA (10) line crosses over the VWAP line ?
What trading system (broker/software etc) are you using. I can help if you're using tRADEsTATION.

Why are you using ema with vwap? Sounds a little voodoo to me. vwap already has all you need.

Danger Field said:
What trading system (broker/software etc) are you using. I can help if you're using tRADEsTATION.

Why are you using ema with vwap? Sounds a little voodoo to me. vwap already has all you need.

Probably because I like to be different and like to try different things.

Not using Trade Station

Pristine ESP

I use Pristine's ESP
HTML:
Micro Trader Module. Works okay but not super for me but of course I'd like the frequent intraday commentary (without paying exorbitant rates for chat room "free for alls") I have not found a PROFESSIONAL cost-effective chat room alternative in the US that is anything more than self-marketing hype.

Last edited:
Anybody have any idea what happened to Via Trader ?

Seems to have closed down ??

Just saw your reply Neil.

Do you know anything about this outfit ?

Are they likely to re-surface and stick around for the long haul ?

I sent them an email to ask but no response.

It leaves me speechless that so many put so much faith in these fly-by-nights and even rig their entire trading activities around them without carrying out the smallest amount of due diligence. Its a business and you need to treat it like one. Doi you think pros have just one datafeed supply or network or infrastructure setup? Nope. Pros have the maximum support in terms of computing and connectivity resilience and next to zero dependence on anything else, including scanners and even charting. Get rid if the baggage before it gets rid of you. As would seem the case here.

Done a search and there is another thread that talks about this bunch and Nas is the guy to talk to. trading the markets with alan rich is where its at. He might be able to help as he was selling the scanner.