Scanners

Naz

Experienced member
Just thought i'd start a thread on scanners.

They can be of great use to traders in many time frames.My contribution to the thread is one that I've been beta testing for many months and always said i would mention on t2w when it was completed.So as i dont upset anyone i should also mention in advance that i advertise on this site.

Some of the t2w members have have already found it and are using it,like myself.
For those that haven't it can be found at www.ta-ngo.com. Its a t/a scanner that covers the Nasdaq,NYSE,LSE,Dax,Euronext,Indicies and currencies,both intra day and EOD.

I use it for spotting intra day set ups in large US stocks.The two scans i like are the technical analysis scan and the price action scan.Anyone into VWAP can check out the VWAP heat map.

At the moment its free.

Sorry if there are any other threads on scanners.

Last edited:
Looks absolutely brilliant.

Very well presented with bags of explanation etc.

I have signed up for NYSE/NASDAQ stocks on the limited duration free period.

Any idea what they intend to charge say for NYSE/NASDAQ stocks when they introduce a fee ?

That's the crunch, isn't it?
Let's hope it's not too expensive - it's pretty well offering an alternative to scanning using your own program(s) (whatever your poison currently is), and I like the freedom to 'what if' things and fiddle, I've found that a bit annoying when trying to use a website for it in the past. However, if you know what you want to find, and the fee isn't exhorbitant, this saves all the irritation of sorting out datafeeds etc doesn't it?

I'd best not get too effusive in case I do myself out of too much business here, but for those who already have a strategy I think this is pretty attractive, thanks for the link Naz.
Dave

I'm glad you like it.

I dont know how much its going to be when they start charging.However anyone at the www.clickevents.co.uk weekend workshop on how to make t/a really work on Nov 20/21 can talk to one of the owners themselves.I'm sure he'll be able to mention the costs,how to get the best out of it and i'll be demonstrating how i trade some of the scans differently to how the text books say.

Naz

Last edited:
For certain chart pattern set-ups I often find it advantageous to get in earlier than what a text book or many other traders would recommend.

In these cases the scanner is theoretically not of much use to me since it appears to follow text book entries. However I guess if I miss my first entry due to not looking at the right stock at the right time, I can always use the scanner's alert to get me in at the generally accepted point.

I used it for the first time on Friday and found the whole thing fascinating. When I get used to it and figure out how to use it in the optimum way for me, then I reckon it will be a great addition to mine and anyone's tool box.

Hi all

Many thanks for the kind feedback you've all given.

Salty - have you tried using the price action screen rather than the technical analysis screen as this can provide quite useful price action information more suited to the advanced trader wanting to get in early. Also, if there is anything else you think may be useful for you, let us know and we'll try and put it in.

In answer to your questions on price, we haven't finalised our pricing structure but it should be around £18 per month per exchange for all the end of day screens and £29 per month per exchange for real time intraday screens - with a number of discount packages available.

Our aim is to make TA-ngo as useful as possible for all who use it, so we welcome any feedback/ideas you may have

Good trading

TA-ngo

Hi A,
It's a very nice product. You were interviewed on the same "Interviews with Traders CD" as I was so I watched you with great interest :)
That's a terrific piece of software you've got there!
Richard

Last edited:
Salty - have you tried using the price action screen rather than the technical analysis screen as this can provide quite useful price action information more suited to the advanced trader wanting to get in early.

Yes, I tried looking at the price action screen but was bamboozled by the speed at which the data was appearing and the quantity of it. I would need to get used to this screen and also limit the number of stocks I am looking at in order to cut down on the data that is produced. I think it's just a question of adjusting it to one's own requirements and capabilities.

By the way, how long is the free trial scheduled to run for ? My initial inclination is that I will definitely subcsribe but I want to ensure that I make the time to get totally comfortable with the scanner before this.

Hi Salty

Thanks again for your encouragement.

The best way of reducing the number of alerts is either reducing the amount of alert categories you are looking at in the technical analysis scanner screen or as you say, reducing the amount of stocks you monitor under your stock choice option.

TA-ngo will remain free for another few weeks, after which there will be the usual "two week free" trial. Hopefully that should give everyone enough time to feel comfortable with all TA-ngo's features.

Cheers
TA-ngo

I've just signed up for the free trial on an EOD basis (intra day also possible as posted above) currently being promoted by ADVFN. I then thought I'd do a search on here and was pleasantly surprised to see that it hasn't (yet) been slated... quite the opposite in fact! It does indeed seem to kill a number of birds with one stone!

So let's see how it goes!

Hi all

Any of you guys still using it?

If so, is it good.. ie do you make more than you lose? If you don't use it any more why?

I have been told that they have also released a new product called ta-markettrader which gives you entry and exit prices as well as price targets.

Many thanks

Pete

E-Signal Scanners

I read that some of you folks use E-Signal. Have you had any luck using E-Signal Scanners? Is it possible to trade price and percentage advancers or decliners, those candle stick charts look sort of complex for me.

John

Salty Gibbon said:
Has anyone tried out the Market Trader feature of this software at www.ta-markettrader.com ?

No but I got an e-mail through yesterday saying that their simulated trades had made 40%. But of course this is the usual promo spin.

Of course it may well be a good product!

I trailled the scanner which seemed ok, but am still researching in that field before I commit.

I couldn't get through to any of the sites that are referenced. Is there a simple scanner, for example, find all the NYSE stocks that have a closing price between $5 and $30, an average volume of more than 200,000, and their 5-day SMA crossed the 10-day SMA within the last 2 days?

Thanks.

Still there

Is anyone still using ta-ngo? I tried ta-ngo and market trader sites but both are throwing up 404 messages. This means 'page not found' by the web server at the domain referenced (thus there is a web server running), but no pages to serve.

The 'hotscans' page from this URL http://www.marketguage.com/ offers a similar facility as a possible alternative, although I have not tried it. there is also an add-on to metastock created by murphy-morris based on Murphy's ideas re patterns that scans for patterns such as triangles etc.

jimmy1jag, I am not sure of specifics but quite a few web sites and software packages offer scanning packages based on similar ideas to yours. I am pretty sure moneyam has something like that; sharescope has scans, AIQ and metastock have them. I am fairly sure yahoo has something on its finance sites.

The guys who ran ta-ngo and ta-markettrader are now running via-trader.com. AFAIK ta-ngo and ta-markettrader have closed down.