Scalping/Swing Trading whats the time and volume of trades differece?

Bakedbean

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

I am SB on the FTSE 100 with a play account. I started off what I thought was scalping and then have changed to what I think is swing trading.

Before - 10 to 20 trades per day within 5 minute time frames with 1-5 points
Now - 1-4 Trades a day normally longer than 30 mins but up to 8-9 hours with 9-30 points

Therefore was it scalping before and swing trading now?

Its just I am going to be opening a real account soon and dont want to be getting myself into a position where the SB company starts delaying trades etc

Also should this start happening, apart from moving to another SB company, is there another platform that I can use and if so what kind of funding etc would I need?

Thanks

Dean

It doesn't matter what you call it really, if you're doing something that the "broker" cannot deal with and taking their money then they will get in the way. You are still currently day trading. Swing traders tend to hold trades for anything up to several days.

If you're swinging with the trend and only holding during the daytime, I have heard this refer to... wait for it... swing scalping. :D

If you're swinging with the trend and only holding during the daytime, I have heard this refer to... wait for it... swing scalping.

Thanks ninja,

Swing Scalping I like, but as you said I doubt the SB Companies will. But will give it a go anyway.

Just so you know, I am not into "swinging" as you put it.

But once again, thanks for the assistance!