SB firm with the lowest spread in stocks

alevros

Hello does anyone know which firm gives the lowest spread in stocks? I am mostly interested in us stocks..From what I saw Intertrader gives 0.05 % and ETX 0.08 %..Any opinion about the other firms? Thanks in advance.

Hello does anyone know which firm gives the lowest spread in stocks? I am mostly interested in us stocks..From what I saw Intertrader gives 0.05 % and ETX 0.08 %..Any opinion about the other firms? Thanks in advance.

I think ETX may be the lowest at 0.08% per side. I believe Intertrader are 0.1% per side, as are GFT and IG. However, Finspreads offer a restricted number of equities as so-called 'day trade' spreadbets that also have a 0.08% per side spread, and a small margin requirement. There are only about 20 of these though.

I think ETX may be the lowest at 0.08% per side. I believe Intertrader are 0.1% per side, as are GFT and IG. However, Finspreads offer a restricted number of equities as so-called 'day trade' spreadbets that also have a 0.08% per side spread, and a small margin requirement. There are only about 20 of these though.

Assume that's a total of 0.16% then for ETX? Just checked Spread Co and they're at 0.15% total (no mention of either side) at 5% margin.

Assume that's a total of 0.16% then for ETX? Just checked Spread Co and they're at 0.15% total (no mention of either side) at 5% margin.

Yes on ETX. How interesting about Spreadco - I'd seen the 0.15% figure for them and assumed they just weren't very competitive and it was therefore per side, as they don't say. However, this website seems to think it is indeed 0.075% per side, which is damn good if it's true. Can anyone confirm this?

Comparing Spread Co to other spread betting firms

Might not still be the case, but ETX used to quote from 0.08%, so they could give you a wider spread and hope you didn't notice.

GKFX seems OK, although they don't offer as many shares as other SBs.

Hi,

I did a bit of research on this quite a few months back now and found that the majority of these spread betting firms offer the same spreads which was generally between 0.08% and 0.10%. One think I did notice was that a lot of them say ‘From as low as’ and that at time the spread is wider. Another thing to consider is requites! There are a number of providers that make a habit of requiting and on occasions giving an inferior price, which for me can be more of an issue than the size of the spread.​