Same broker for paper/light trading as for live/full time?

Carlos Un-shackled

Hi all,

Have been doing a lot of reading around, and now financially/lifestyle ready to start sifting through charts, looking for support/resistance lines and using them only to craft some strategies, decide what timeframes suit me etc.

However - I'm a little concerned at all this 'rigging' talk, seems to me like a lot of brokerages track the lifecycles of us noobs like me right back from virginal chart perusal and seduce us into lots of initial winning trades, and eventually smack us down much later - apparently mostly be re-quotes and dramatically loosened spreads, though I'm sure there are others.. And those few of us who go in with the right ideas about trading and deftly keep minimising the size and frequency of our losses, well we're the ones whose winning trades get rejected - probably by 'Sorry, Market is too volatile', but again, I'm sure there are other excuses.

So, the way I look at it is - I'll use the (well established) firm I already have an account with, hone my predictive+discipline skills with 0 and pennies per point, ramp up to near what I'd need to make a living, THEN go switch broker/platform....

Now, I'm sure there's a lot of argument already about whether there's rigging going on, I don't want that - I just want to know if you think my 'Switch-broker' approach is sound, any other topics well I just want proven facts please.

Paranoid? Prudent? Advice welcome!!