SAF to retire

samirs

Established member
507 47
Sir Alex Ferguson will step down as Manchester United manager at the end of the season after 26 years in charge.

The Scot, 71, has won 38 trophies during his reign at Old Trafford and will now become a director and ambassador for the club.

His haul includes 13 league titles, two Champions League crowns, five FA Cups and four League Cups.

"The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about. It is the right time," Ferguson said.

How do you replace the irreplaceable?

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,369 1,185
Moyes seems the favourite.
We are all expendable, we all grow old, but I'll miss Fergie and his temper and I don't even support Man U !

Giovan

163 7
Fergie is really irreplaceable......

timsk

Legendary member
7,477 2,234
How long is Roy Hodgson's contract for? I bet Fergie would take that job if he was offered it . . .

trendie

Legendary member
6,583 1,166
Did SAF build a winning team by developing natural talent, or just buy it in by splashing cash?

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,390
Did SAF build a winning team by developing natural talent, or just buy it in by splashing cash?

It was youth policy that predominantly got Man U back on the road back in the late 80's.

bustech

Experienced member
1,595 41
SAF

Brilliant domestic record and very hard to see it broken again.

And always great to watch that style of football.

Only downside that they always looked second best in European football.

Shakone

2,458 665
Sad to see him go, he's a legend, and I say that as a Liverpool fan.

Moyes has some almighty boots to feel, but good on him for taking that challenge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock