RSI Crossover Method

yiwanyii

RSI Crossover Method

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Anyone can help me create an EA for this one, so we can back test it faster and more accurately?
Initially, I have manually tested this one on EURUSD pair, and it seems to be doing fine.

Here's how it goes:

I use RSI-5 and RSI-14
1H time frame

Here's the entry point, for BUY:

When the value of RSI-14 go lower than 50, then on its way up, wait for RSI-5 to cross it. The value that we need is at the close of each candle only. To lessen the false signals, the value of RSI-5 and RSI-14, when it crossed at the close of the candlestick must have a difference of 5 points or above.

To close the BUY position, wait for RSI-14 to reach 60 level or above. Then wait for the RSI-5 to cross it on its way down.

Conservatively, even while the candlestick is forming, and RSI-5 crossed the RSI-14, we close the trade.

Or, wait for the candlestick to finish and see if indeed RSI-5 will have crossed the RSI-14, whatever the value is.

Here's the entry point, for SELL (although BUY seems to be doing better in manual testing)

When the RSI-14 go higher than 50, then on its way down, wait for RSI-5 to cross it. The value that we need is at the close of each candle only. To lessen the false signals, the value of RSI-5 and RSI-14, when it crossed at the close of the candlestick must have a difference of 5 points or above.

To close the SELL position, wait for RSI-14 to go down to 40 level or below. Then wait for the RSI-5 to cross it on its way up.

Conservatively, even while the candlestick is forming, and RSI-5 crossed the RSI-14, we close the trade.

Or, wait for the candlestick to finish and see if indeed RSI-5 will have crossed the RSI-14, whatever the value is.

Another feature is to set the SL and TP at 20 pips. When I do the manual testing, I did not include any SL and T I use RSI-5 and RSI-14
1H time frame

As I mentioned above, this seems to be working fine with EURUSD. I wanted to back test it with other pairs too. Is that possible to make an EA on this and back test it "automatically"? Anyone please?

Thanks,
Ping

As I said, this seems to be working fine with EURUSD. I wanted to back test it with other pairs too. Is that possible?

RSI Crossover Method

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Anyone can help me create an EA for this one, so we can back test it faster and more accurately?
Initially, I have manually tested this one on EURUSD pair, and it seems to be doing fine.

Here's how it goes:

I use RSI-5 and RSI-14
1H time frame

Here's the entry point, for BUY:

When the value of RSI-14 go lower than 50, then on its way up, wait for RSI-5 to cross it. The value that we need is at the close of each candle only. To lessen the false signals, the value of RSI-5 and RSI-14, when it crossed at the close of the candlestick must have a difference of 5 points or above.

To close the BUY position, wait for RSI-14 to reach 60 level or above. Then wait for the RSI-5 to cross it on its way down.

Here's the entry point, for SELL (although BUY seems to be doing better in manual testing)

When the RSI-14 go higher than 50, then on its way down, wait for RSI-5 to cross it. The value that we need is at the close of each candle only. To lessen the false signals, the value of RSI-5 and RSI-14, when it crossed at the close of the candlestick must have a difference of 5 points or above.

To close the SELL position, wait for RSI-14 to go down to 40 level or below. Then wait for the RSI-5 to cross it on its way up.

Another feature is to set the SL and TP at 20 pips. When I do the manual testing, I did not include any SL and T I use RSI-5 and RSI-14
1H time frame

As I mentioned above, this seems to be working fine with EURUSD. I wanted to back test it with other pairs too. Is that possible to make an EA on this and back test it "automatically"? Anyone please?

Thanks,
Ping

As I said, this seems to be working fine with EURUSD. I wanted to back test it with other pairs too. Is that possible?

Very good system yiwanyii!

I have been testing this on FTSE futures(Z). Seems to work, well.

Thanks.