Reversal Magic

Further to my earlier musings, lets see if this point (10,140 region) on the Dow marks a turning point...

Attachments

• lets see.jpg
    lets see.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,791
anmolway.
Thanks for showing me the 1:1 ratio and the chart,have copied this and now can see the ratio in the ABCD move.Just a small point,I take it you mean CD =10.75 and not CB =10.75.

Thanks a lot m8.
Ps also interested in the Bryce gillmore site .
Regards

On the Magic reversal....Maybe a differnt slant of the Gann arc springs to mind, instead of using the triangle..

Oh on the TT2 stuff....
All I can say is take some time to look over mine or SUNSEEKER's post, the main info is all there , from balance points, 3 day swings, MOB's, SQ9, Break backs, 1:1 & their ratio extension, COT reports , fib, root 2 & 5..ect..ect. Tac has a lot of info on their as well...

Just a thought ;)

CJ

a320.
I have been following your valued tutorials over the months,you probable dont realise this and I have improved my charting ability so much.I have been teaching my self the stuff you use and understand most of it.I would now like to refresh my self ,so could you please direct me to the posts you refer to above (47).either on here or TT,I read you there too.I am particularly interested in SQ9. the 3 day rule and the 1:1 ratio and extensions.

Hope you will oblige lol. Jon

a320.
Thanks for you promp reply,will look at the threads you mentioned.
I may PM you later if I need more help thanks for the offer.

Regards Jon

I emailed the guy:

Reversal Magic is a time based method of trading that uses the geometry of the markets.

In a sense it is an indicator, but not as we normally think of indicators. It is manually determined (although it does have a mathematical equation that could be set up as an indicator). It is very unique, simple and effective.

Perhaps it would be easier to tell you what it is not than what it is. It is not based on Gann or Fibonacci numbers or any astrological method. Nor is it based on candlestick patterns, outside days or any other specific tick pattern. It is not based on static cycles where you find the distance between highs or lows and plots a similar distance for the expected next high or low. It is not a pattern like Turtle Soup, Wolfe Wave, Gartley Setup, or J-Hook. It is not based on indicators, or any pattern that they develop. In fact, practically anything that you can think of that you may have run into in trading Reversal Magic will not resemble in the least, because as I said it is very unique.

As far as projections, I usually estimate the approximate time when due and when the time draws close simply recheck. It only takes a couple of seconds to determine these. I keep a notepad on my desk for that purpose. But I also include a spreadsheet in Excel that will calculate the actual time or date. I will use this often for daily and above charts. There is a mathematical equation to this, but the easier and faster method is the graphical one.

It can be employed on intra day charts and when I provide real time training sessions I will use the e-mini during regular trading hours. You can use these methods with any time frame you desire. It is best to use this with what I refer to as dominant time frames which will show smoother swings and/or trends. If you use a time frame that has a lot of erratic movement, the method will be degraded in its performance. Probably the person you talked to tried it on such a time frame and didn't know what was wrong.

I already mentioned that this had nothing to do with Wolfe waves. Reversal Magic also has nothing to do with Andrews medium line studies either. However, you will see a few similarities of Andrews work with Balance Magic. I take a different approach that I believe is much more accurate, but it is harder to learn to apply than simply using a pitchfork. The benefit is that it does have a wider application.

If I missed anything or you if you should have any more questions, please just let me know.

Michael Parsons

Hooya/FC just picked up on this thread and note your comments about the apex + vertical on a triangle. I think it's in Murphy's ( not sure) but it's the optimum time span for a triangle breakout to reach it's target. If it doesn't, it may not get there at all..... I never considered it might indicate a reversal but on balance, I would be inclined to think that it would not indicate that.

Its nothing more than drawing triangles Java imo

Chartman I find with triangles it either provides a reversal or acceleration point...but again I guess it depends how you draw the triangle.

edit: also no doubt you have heard/read the theory that closer the breakout of a triangle to the apex the less likely it is to be a big move? Maybe that lends a bit to an apex reversal theory?

Have attched a chart for those not too sure what we are discussing.

Attachments

• apex.GIF
    apex.GIF
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,131
Last edited:
Sometimes all you need is a few vertical lines. I noticed this on Hooya's chart. All the blue lines are an equal distance apart. If only all cycles were as easy to spot :)

Attachments

• apex.GIF
    apex.GIF
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,187
whats with all these Union Flags next to everyone's name?

hooya, can you PM me your email address please.

ta.

FetteredChinos said:
whats with all these Union Flags next to everyone's name?
Just a wild guess FC, but could it be something to do with member's location (or at least, their registered email address).... or maybe the 'country' field in our profile.

Last edited: