Reuters Wireless Datascreen

Marc100

I would like to be able to view my equity holdings whilst on the move. The only system I've found is located at the following link:

http://www.wirelessdatascreen.com/

My questions are:

1) Are there any rivals to the above product?

2) Are there any cheaper alternatives?

3) Does anybody use a PDA system? What are the benefits?

Kind regards

Marcus.

Hi Marcus

It depends how many holdings and how often you need to look at them.

For occasional use I would just use a WAP mobile phone. At 10p a minute, you can check out a lot of data for what their asking for.

HTH.

Thank you kindly for the response.

I'll look into using the wap method, sounds more sensible/cheaper than my current SMS method.

Ideally I would like to just glance at the screen without keying in any numbers, that's why I was looking at the Reuter's Data Screen.

Thanks again.

M

Hi Marcus.

I use the wireless data screen and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
The reason that I say this is because of the marvelous alarm facility. You just set it to the required levels slip it in your pocket and forget it until your profit level or stop is hit. Then you can take action. You don't miss a thing.

Regards

Mark

mark69

Thanks for the reply.
The website states the price as £32 for the basic package then £10 per additional module.
If I want ftse100, Mid-Cap 250 + techMARK100 and News then I'm looking at a cost of £62+VAT, seems rather expensive. What do you think?
I'm I reading it correctly?

Thanks again.

Marcus.

If you realy need this much info then it's going to cost but as I say the I find the alarm function worth the money.

Regards

Mark

hi FB

Can you tell me which website you use to get prices using WAP?

Cheers