Regulation S share scam

I have shares in CardXX I was contacted by a company a couple of months ago about selling them, they wanted $6472 to deregulate them, I said No Thanks.

Today a Christopher Wilson of Masters Financial Corp in Japan called me about my refusal to sell the shares. He was to send documents to me confirming my refusal to share my shares. He explained things to me and gave me a possible chance to take part. If I pay the deregulation fee, then the claim is that I will Receive $86,258.50.

Were my gut instinct to refuse correct or is it genuine?

NigelUK

I've been in contact with so:!:me 20 persons who have been scammed through shares, rare metals, jewels, wine etc. It is common practice to milk you for all they can AND THEN pass your details to another scammer again and again until you dry up as a source. The 'new' scammer will give you an address in a new jurisdiction (Japan, Hong Kong, Philippines pop up frequently but also Switzerland, Germany etc.)
In my case I offered to put the shares in escrow with a local lawyer, offered them twice the fee they asked for, which they could collect from my escrow agent when the sale proceeds arrived there. Never heard from them again.