Recommended T2W Trading Strategies

trendie

Legendary member
every now and then, newbies come along and start asking for a strategy to use.
as a general rule, we try to help out by listing a set of rules that seem to have passed muster here at T2W. I know I generally list NewtronBomb, Capt Currency, Trader_Dante.

All are different styles, so something should click.

They have also survived the battering of the cynical and experienced T2W vanguard.

And, in addition, they are freely offered.

Would it be beneficial to have a one-stop thread that listed (via mod-controlled thread pointing to the system thread) the best T2W trading systems, to save newbies the time-consuming and money-sapping hassle of being ripped off?

some kind of poll, or a minimum of votes from experienced members as a means of entering the T2W "Trading Hall of Fame"?

I think FTSE beater started off one of the first threads for newbies. Various people along the way have put forth newbie related threads and tried to keep it all in one place. Which is a good thing.

The most annoying thing for us old 'uns. Is reading through the same questions time and time again.

I think there is a thread for newbies along the lines of 'Newbies ask any trading related question you want'.

Yet we still get posters nearly every single day doing the same thing. 'Hi I'm an idiot really and I can't be bothered to read through anything that has been written before. So can you tell me a way I can make a guaranteed profit? And will someone give me the method they personally use after they have moulded it for ten years to consistently take money from the market. Also what is the best book to read?'

So, yes it is a good idea. Anyone who signs up should be presented with a 'newbie' thread.

danarms journal/indicator based strategic setup/approach is worth a look.

Yo JT,
What you doin' here? Your self imposed ban didn't last very long! All those members who thanked you for your contributions to T2W and wished you well in the future are going to feel ripped off. I reckon it was just a ploy to get another gold star; looks like it worked too!
:cheesy:
Tim.

I actually think this is NOT a good idea. It's fine for individual members to do something like that, but I think having a recommended strategy list which has the Trade2Win seal of approval puts the site in a very slippery situation. The site needs to maintain neutrality.

Hi John,
Yes, very good point - I hadn't thought of that. Even so, I would have thought there must be some sort of a compromise? I say this as I'm bored of answering the same question over and over and digging out the links to threads. I know other advisors do the same and trendie's idea would save endless repetition - both on the part of newbies posting the question or variations thereof and us vet's posting the same replies.
Tim.

I actually think this is NOT a good idea. It's fine for individual members to do something like that, but I think having a recommended strategy list which has the Trade2Win seal of approval puts the site in a very slippery situation. The site needs to maintain neutrality.

never thought about it like that.

there must be some kind of objective metric whereby a strategy thread that has x-posts, containing y-calls, and has lasted z-months be available to newbies as a good thread to study?

some kind of critical threshold that alerts newbies to usefulness of a thread?

(would need someone to monitor actual posts as calls as opposed to flim-flam posts, or deliberate baiting to generate a high number of "views".)

Hi John,
Yes, very good point - I hadn't thought of that. Even so, I would have thought there must be some sort of a compromise? I say this as I'm bored of answering the same question over and over and digging out the links to threads. I know other advisors do the same and trendie's idea would save endless repetition - both on the part of newbies posting the question or variations thereof and us vet's posting the same replies.
Tim.

Well, what about making those threads stickies?

Well, what about making those threads stickies?
A move in the right direction, certainly. From a newbies point of view, having the threads collated together as a one stop resource is bound to appeal - which is what appealed about trendie's idea. However, failing that, perhaps they could have some sort of graphic to help members distinguish them from other 'stickies'?
Tim.