Recommended Courses

Hilary Hughes

Can anyone recommend a course to learn Spread Betting? I understand the basics and have stuck my toe in the water but feel I need more guidance on market analysis. I live close to Manchester and would consider class or Internet based. Thanks...

Can anyone recommend a course to learn Spread Betting? I understand the basics and have stuck my toe in the water but feel I need more guidance on market analysis. I live close to Manchester and would consider class or Internet based. Thanks...

You are lining yourself up to be scammed, this industry exists to rip you off.

I don't doubt it for one moment - having run a busines as a driving instructor for ages, I've seen similar scams about the streets being paved with gold etc. all too often. Thanks for putting me straight with it - seems all businesses are the same these days.Will keep my options open all the same.

Hi Hilary
I also live in the area. if you are interested in exchanging trading ideas i would be happy to do so. I trade stocks and options. I am interested in FOREX and i will be attending a course about it which encourages spreadbetting. I am dubious about spreadbeting as i have heard lots of negatives. i will go along anyway and ask more questions.

Drop me a pm because it would be nice to check in with someone on a weekly basis to keep the motivation up - as a sort of buddy system. I'm just reading through all the info' and teaching that's included on this site and it's phenominal. Problem is, it could become paralysis by analysis as there's so much.

hi hilary
not sure how to send pm, at present. can you pm me?
are familar with stock investing as i believe this is the best place to start.
from my understanding spreadbetting appeals as it is not taxed. it seems most people who spreadbet lose money so tax is a moot point.
i will know more after this weekends course.

hi hilary
not sure how to send pm, at present. can you pm me?
are familar with stock investing as i believe this is the best place to start.
from my understanding spreadbetting appeals as it is not taxed. it seems most people who spreadbet lose money so tax is a moot point.
i will know more after this weekends course.

Who scammed you for the weekend course? Winters, Secker?

Last edited:
All I know is what's in this thread as I haven't responded as yet. Was thinking of contacting them, not for the course, but someone to chat with on a weekly basis perhaps, for accountability of action purposes. I don't think I'll be needing a course looking through all the useful stuff on here. Probably take me ages to get through it all, though. Hilary.