Received (one-time) extra-large dividend, listed as Type E. What the heck is that?

Deez_@$$ets

I'm in possession of some Siemens stock (SIEGY). In November, I received a much larger dividend payout on these shares than normal. It was $6.12 per share which is several times larger than it normally would be. Everywhere you look, the dividend yield is for SIEGY is listed at something like 2 %. I can't find any answers for why that happened from online searching. The closest I've gotten so far is here:

It lists the Nov., 2020 payout as a Type E dividend, whereas all the others are Type 0. And the description says: "Proceeds from the Sale of Rights." When I try to search "Type E dividend" or that description, I still can't find anything very useful about the meaning of this.

Can anyone explain what the heck this sale of rights is all about? Did I unwittingly sell my soul? lol

It looks like it was just a special cash dividend declared because -- you're special.:)
1611525513377.png

Since the company declared one of these in the past 23 years, it probably won't happen too often.

Siemens did some restructuring last year, so the divi is probably relating to that I would imagine

Siemens spun-off part off the company last year, so this one-off special dividend will due be the proceeds from that.