Real Time Wot to Do

Jeeeez, can we use our own charts! You goto allow us to put at least one line on it!
Im with pete tho. I got the trend as down since yesterdays close. And whats all this goto have a stop business! Its cos i use limits innit!:p

Cor, it looks like a nightmare! Reminds me of why i like indices! Put me down for a
sell at limit 328
target 300
stop 1,000,000,000! :cheesy:

Cor, it looks like a nightmare! Reminds me of why i like indices! Put me down for a
sell at limit 328
target 300
stop 1,000,000,000! :cheesy:

When I find a short-seller, I want to tear his heart out and eat it before his eyes while he's still alive!

When I find a short-seller, I want to tear his heart out and eat it before his eyes while he's still alive!
Two sides o the market old bean! Always has been, always will be! :cheesy:
Valid point tho! Are we allowed to short banks yet!? :LOL:

Two sides o the market old bean! Always has been, always will be! :cheesy:
Valid point tho! Are we allowed to short banks yet!? :LOL:

Sorry I was channelling Dick Fuld, I feel very very retro today.

Might even get the old red braces out and go to Annabel's.

Attachments

• dick.png
    dick.png
    18 KB · Views: 256
Jeeeez, can we use our own charts! You goto allow us to put at least one line on it!
Im with pete tho. I got the trend as down since yesterdays close. And whats all this goto have a stop business! Its cos i use limits innit!:p

Way to go us!! (y)(y)

So this begs the question: For those who are staunch advocates of letting winners run then how far do you go? I'm not saying letting winners run is bad advice because it isn't but at what point has it run it's course? A single price on a chart is meaningless if we don't how price arrived there and from which direction.

IMO, based on my personal experiences, my advise is to never let a decent winner fall back too far. Winnings are hard to get so keep as much as you can. You can always re-enter the market.

:)

Peter

Way to go us!! (y)(y)

So this begs the question: For those who are staunch advocates of letting winners run then how far do you go? I'm not saying letting winners run is bad advice because it isn't but at what point has it run it's course? A single price on a chart is meaningless if we don't how price arrived there and from which direction.

IMO, based on my personal experiences, my advise is to never let a decent winner fall back too far. Winnings are hard to get so keep as much as you can. You can always re-enter the market.

:)

Peter
The age old question. I tend to think nowadays set a target way out there and hope it gets hit. As long as the profit from your filled targets consistently outweighs your losses youre good to go.
edit: After reviewing my recent losses, id like to move my target down to 280!:cheesy:

Last edited:
Sold!
edit: Feels quite nice to sell a bank! :D
Gona try and run it too target or try and exit if it goes offside. Offside meaning a daily close above the ma.

Attachments

• rbs for fun.png
    rbs for fun.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Here we are after the first hour today. Gap opening took it back into the green but not sustained as yet. Those still hanging on look like having to wait a long time.

Attachments

• rbsuksbh1.png
    rbsuksbh1.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 238
You can always re-enter the market.
There is no mention of such buy back, in fact, that would be cheating under this thread. So therefore your comments does not have relevance.

The thread is titled "Real time wot to do" meaning what would one do under the current situation with such a trade, holding a position with the intention of exiting at the best possible price with certain stop loss conditions. There should be only one exit and no re-entry allowed.

If it is a buy back, this would become a live thread then that would be contrary to the OP's true intentions of the thread, in that case, might as well don't start with a position at the start.

Last edited:
Here we are after the first hour today. Gap opening took it back into the green but not sustained as yet. Those still hanging on look like having to wait a long time.

My reentry is a close above 330..

Attachments

• RBS update.PNG
    RBS update.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 250
Here we are just after 9am today and a bit of relief for remaining holders

Attachments

• rbsuksbh1.png
    rbsuksbh1.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 236
I think it's time to draw this to a close with price still not having recovered to the starting point of the thread.

Whether or not those who still hold will do as well, or better, as those who chose to close it immediately time will tell, but you'd have to ask if the wait would be worth it. It's now 35 trading hours and counting in respect of a trade that took 7 hours to reach its peak and 9 hours to its reduced profit level where we started the thread.

There are some technical aspects, too - eg: no attempt to recover previous day's momentum (compare to how BP closed the gap in the same first hour) - but that'd all be "wise after the event" stuff.

Attachments

• rbsuksbh1.png
    rbsuksbh1.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 231
  • bpuksbh1.png
    bpuksbh1.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 234
I think it's time to draw this to a close with price still not having recovered to the starting point of the thread.

Whether or not those who still hold will do as well, or better, as those who chose to close it immediately time will tell, but you'd have to ask if the wait would be worth it. It's now 35 trading hours and counting in respect of a trade that took 7 hours to reach its peak and 9 hours to its reduced profit level where we started the thread.

There are some technical aspects, too - eg: no attempt to recover previous day's momentum (compare to how BP closed the gap in the same first hour) - but that'd all be "wise after the event" stuff.
Ill keep mine if its all ok B. For better or worse ill post what occurs. Besides, i want that stop! ;)

Ill keep mine if its all ok B. For better or worse ill post what occurs. Besides, i want that stop! ;)
Had to bail, what a shame. Felt nice being short a bank, even for mino money. :p

Attachments

• rbs bail.png
    rbs bail.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 212