Real-time FTSE, Dow, LIFFE, CBOT

cascot

I'm looking for a reasonably cheap source for reliable, real-time data that includes the following:

- FTSE-100 Index
- FTSE-100 Index Futures
(so LIFFE Levle I or II to get both of these I guess)

- Dow Jones Industrial Average
- CBOT Mini Dow Futures

I was going to use Interactive Brokers, but the thing is, I only want a datafeed, I don't want to trade with them, yet they insist I must have done a certain number of trades, etc, as well as give out my social insurance number, etc (which in Canada I believe you only have to give to the government. Anyone else requesting it should make it optional). Anyway the main thing is I am not going to lie about my trading experience, and that's what I'd need to do, when all I want is access to their data feed.

Any reliable alternatives that don't require you to sign up for a trading account?

the interactive brokers feed is primarilly meant for trading - to show you the latest price in the market etc - it sounds like you may be better off with a charting company data feed - you have to pay for the charting part - and then pay extra fees for whichever exchange you want the data from - i am sure others will recomend one or do a search for charting companies - but make sure they have their own data feed - some charting companies do use interactive brokers for their feed

Last edited:
DataFeed

Try QuantHouse:

QuantHouse, low latency data and algo trading solutions!

You can get even L2 from them.

They only provide market data, you wouldn't be able to trade via QuantHouse.

I'm looking for a reasonably cheap source for reliable, real-time data that includes the following:

- FTSE-100 Index
- FTSE-100 Index Futures
(so LIFFE Levle I or II to get both of these I guess)

- Dow Jones Industrial Average
- CBOT Mini Dow Futures

I was going to use Interactive Brokers, but the thing is, I only want a datafeed, I don't want to trade with them, yet they insist I must have done a certain number of trades, etc, as well as give out my social insurance number, etc (which in Canada I believe you only have to give to the government. Anyone else requesting it should make it optional). Anyway the main thing is I am not going to lie about my trading experience, and that's what I'd need to do, when all I want is access to their data feed.

Any reliable alternatives that don't require you to sign up for a trading account?

I'm after something similar just FTSE100 futures 1 minute data for about a year. Unfortunately Quanthouse generally deal with institutions and are thus very expensive. I recall getting Dow data from the US along with charting software on a disc for a small fee, but cannot remember the company.

Ideally I am looking for a futures chart which will reveal itself one click at a time so it could be used for daytrading training, any ideas?

bluetipex thanks for this. I am on a weeks trial of prorealtime but still cannot find the intraday historic data in this package, have you any idea how to do this? 1 to 5 minute bars candlesticks would be fine, going back for about a year.

Luckytrader are you sure AnalyzerXL tools actual have intraday historic data for the FTSE future (not index) going back more than a few weeks?

If you're on a week's trial then you should be able to select intraday timeframe's from a drop down for the particular instrument(s) you're interested in.

There are video tutorials from the home page if you're not sure how to do it.

bluetipex thanks for this. I am on a weeks trial of prorealtime but still cannot find the intraday historic data in this package, have you any idea how to do this? 1 to 5 minute bars candlesticks would be fine, going back for about a year.

Luckytrader are you sure AnalyzerXL tools actual have intraday historic data for the FTSE future (not index) going back more than a few weeks?

Yes I have been using this all yesterday, but the range always dates to the present day, in other words you cannot choose to display the intraday data for just 9th January 08 for example, only daily data since then, or more detailed tick data for the last few days. Perhaps I am missing something obvious.

Yes, I just tried mine, and you can't go back a year on a 1 minute timeframe.

Perhaps you should try a different provider, and cancel your membership after your 1 week trial.

Yes I have been using this all yesterday, but the range always dates to the present day, in other words you cannot choose to display the intraday data for just 9th January 08 for example, only daily data since then, or more detailed tick data for the last few days. Perhaps I am missing something obvious.

Actually you may be able to go back almost this far by typing in a large tick number, but as far as I can tell it just shows the entire time period, it is not possible to expand the chart to see just one day's results. I have sent them a message anyway.