Real problems with Tradestation...help please

blackhawk

27 0
speculator - It's easy! You can open MetaSock format EOD dat files directly from TS 2000i. You do NOT go through the Global Server to do this.

In TS 2000i simply Create a new Chart Window, then to load a file specify "3rd party Directory", then "New Directory" and then "MetaStock" format. You only need to do this once per directory. Navigate to your directory and you should then be able to open any of the MetaStock EOD files easily in TS without any conversion. All the files in your MetaStock directory should be listed in the "Open" window ready for you.

Rob

speculator

47 0
blackhawk

THANK YOU.

Is there any way i can, from the information you have provided, perform the daily scans for chart breakouts, patterns etc?

This is why i though i needed everything in global server.

Would be most grateful for further help.

We can talk on MSN Messenger if that is agreeable.

blackhawk

27 0
speculator - have not used the TS scans so cannot help in that regard. But once TS knows the files are in a particular format, and MetaStock is a format it can read directly, you should be able to do anything with them that TS normally does so far as I am aware - unless TS requires some info in the format that is not present in MetaStock. Thus you should be able to scan them. Best to try it out for yourself. Sorry, am not on Messenger.

Rob

blackhawk

27 0
I don't scan :D ! Only trade about a half dozen US stocks that I know and for UK, I again trade a small group of stocks I know reasonably well plus use a semi-mechanical system.

Rob

dglynn

40 0
Speculator

You can do as Blackhawk suggest through 3rd Party directory or you can import using Dial Data and have the files listed in a 3rd party directory as well. To scan you could use the Workspace assist facility that produces alerts if a security ir whatever has satisfied some predefined conditions. You'll need to load and save the stocks in a Workspace. To import into Globalserver is a bit more convoluted as you need to load UK symbols, I'd suggest you might like to create a separate category for UK shares. There is also some import software from www.trade-soft.com that can also convert files (Metastock inc) into .xpo.

Hope this helps.

DaveG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock