Real full time traders ( no one who trains)

stevet

Established member
If you are a full time trader - who only trades - and makes all their money from trading - and preferably based in London - it would be good to hear from you with a view to sharing information and insight

I do disagree with a certain amount of what you say.But enjoy your style.

As you say in reality i seem to agree with most of it ,but just add little caveats which might affect the more sensitive potential trader.

So yes in reality as a trader i'm aggressive and uncompramising as hell.But when i train i'm looking to be as caring and as helpful as possible.

So i know that this thread says no trainers.But if you wish to keep in touch and swap trading ideas i'm all for it.I enjoy a little arbing myself.

Naz,

i dont really understand why you train if you are really able to trade.

Anyway, lets try to make some money by raising some points about trading

What do you arbitrage?

The people who train and trade are often the best resource.
I train 1-2-1 because I enjoy it, it gets me out away from my office all around the country and occasionally abroad, and I get a kick out of teaching other traders to profit consistently.
I just like teaching 2-3 times a month.
Some people have the idea that those who can, do and those who can't, teach.
I enjoy and do both.

Mr. Charts

I assume you give the advice for free or are you registered with the SFA?

And on the point of those who can do - etc - do you actually train people in how to a) open a trade at the absolutely exact price and exactly where to close or b) do you just go through the standard technical stuff about SMAa, RSIs etc that everyone can get from a book and is not used by any professional traders and has nothing to do with trading

Having been initially prepared to contribute positively and helpfully to this thread, I've changed my mind.
Reading between the lines, I really can't be bothered getting involved in what I suspect might be more of a confrontational than constructive thread.
In my personal experience I've found that being polite and pleasant is the best way to bring out the best in people and makes life much more enjoyable...............

I am surprised that on this site are people who are promoting themselves as trainers - ( surprised because most investment sites are US origionated and have a lot of professionals on them and they give short shrift to anyone loitiering as a trainer ), but at any rate, any one offering training here needs to be aware that investment advice is strictly controlled in the Uk and those controls are retrospective - and anyone promoting themselves as a paid trainer had better have a good case to put up to show they have the correct knowledge and qualifications - to date i have seen nothing on this site to indicate any real trading knowledge by anyone posting

I cant make up my mind if this site is just like some quaint old english tea room with a bunch of old ladies geeing themselves up or a place for trainers to hover - surely there must be some real traders on here

anyway, i am going to give up trying to offer any comments on here, since i was really hoping that they might get read by some young and enthusiastic kids - who I might have saved some of the fight i had to go through to learn about trading - but i guess there are just none of those on here - and i am only pissing off the regulars and their games - but i just hope any young people who are keen on trading and end up looking at this site -dont end up getting the impression trading is some sort of gentlemans club where you chat around all day about where the ftse or dow will be in a year

traders can make a lot of money, but its needs work and zero bull **** - and a real level of self confidence, determination, and aggression - and if you combine those qualities with watching and trying to trade markets for a year - you will be succesful - forget about RSIs and Blah blah blah blahs, these are all lagging indicators which just get talked about because people who cannot trade, make money talking about them or writing new books about them - the same old stuff in a different package

I have been trying very hard to separate your trading ideas from your bull**** aggression, as I find some good and interesting points in your posts and as you say they could be useful for some...but after reading your last post I gave up, not worth wasting time...for me it doesnt matter if you stay or go as I wont be reading your posts any more

Riz

I'd have to second that. Training for me is a pleasure too_One needs to get away from the stress of trading once in a while, and training does bring its rewards when you see someone improve through your efforts.Carry on Mr. Charts.

"but its needs work and zero bull **** - and a real level of self confidence, determination, and aggression "

Hmmm... always thought that humility was a necessary quality in a trader.

Traders / Trainers
I would like you all to know how much help all your information, (given freely) has been to me. Not only has it been educational but highly entertaining at times.

Once again many thanks.

Good luck
Greg

One day I hope to be able to help the next batch of would be traders.

Hmm I like this site. Learnt a lot.

Some peops like to impart their knowledge.. and reality is that trading successfully is all about your own personal characteristics..

There are LOTS of different ways to trade successfully even using lagging indicators works..

Each to their own.. we all try to learn from others and hopefully always are.

" cant make up my mind if this site is just like some quaint old english tea room with a bunch of old ladies geeing themselves up or a place for trainers to hover - surely there must be some real traders on here "

Pretty aggressive stuff .. guaranteed to winfriendsandinfluencepeople... NOT.

I don't read this site often but certainly it's not an english tea room and I find it useful when I do..

I don't know Stevt from Adam but frankly if the above is the best he can contribute..

"anyway, i am going to give up trying to offer any comments on here"

All I can say if your other comments are written in such a rude and aggressive manner your chances of persuading anyone you are a serious trader are rather less than zero. So I can only assume you are not a serious trader but just an aggressive b#llsh#tter.

If you are not I apologise but suggest you re-read what you have written in the cold light of day and try to think what others may think of it. If I had used the same language and tone about your post, I suggest you might get rather upset.

Startegies

Stevet, how about you tell us about some of your strategies that don't use TA as I for one would be very interested. Even startegies that do use TA would be welcomed. The more Real Fulltime traders that contribute to this board the better as far as I am concerned as this offers newbies a way to learn from people who know what it's all about.

Perhaps it may also help get over all the bickering and get some useful and "profitable" trading ideas going instead.

The more ideas floated around the more chance that begginners can find something that suits them in their trading, which is what a large percentage of the learning experience is all about (as well as phsychology, money management, humour etc.).

Thanks
Mark :)

Stevet, has raised (in abrasive manner – yes!) a number of very valid points which, I note with a great disappointment, have not been addressed by the local “establishment”.

I think the valid points that were raised, got lost and forgotton very quicky..... Understandably, it seems, no- one has given much thought to replying in ernest. Sorry. If you want to raise some points, please do so.

stevet said:
Mr. Charts

I assume you give the advice for free or are you registered with the SFA?

And on the point of those who can do - etc - do you actually train people in how to a) open a trade at the absolutely exact price and exactly where to close or b) do you just go through the standard technical stuff about SMAa, RSIs etc that everyone can get from a book and is not used by any professional traders and has nothing to do with trading

Actually stevet, its the FSA not the SFA (the SFA, IMRO and PIA were brought under the umbrella of the FSA)... you do NOT need to register with the FSA unless you are giving specific investment advice i.e. recommending actual trades... if you are merely informing your trainee on how to trade, there is absolutely no FSA registration requirement... just like there is no FSA requirement if you are publishing a book on, say, how to use stochastics to trade the FTSE....

you are quite correct about the initials - just got used to the former

its not the action, its the marketing which would come under the controlling body