reading study...

keano

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Is it correct that ancient Hebrew when written did not include any representation of vowels?

Well, there you go, Keano, your gem of knowledge appears to provide the answer as to why this was so.

I refer to the oldest written scripts ever found of parts of the Old Testament .. was it even written in Hebrew?

I was intrigued a few years back when these scripts were being examined and apparently they presented difficulties of interpretation because vowels were not represented in these most ancient versions.

But over to you Moog if you know more.

You are on the right track fudgestain. Hebrew words generally need no vowels to space out the sounds. So Yahweh (God) is spelt YHWH, but they still had vowels like A and O which I whink were mainly used to start words with. BTW I'm not Jewish and I don't speak Hebrew so this is all IMHO, I just studied language syntax in my youth...