Re contract your broaband get BT Vision FREE.

CB, what's your experience been with BT's broadband service? I will be moving in a few months and changing provider, started out with Freeserve a few years back and gotpassed thru Wanadoo and on to Orange, which is pretty mediocre, so will likely not stay with them (customer suppt is attrocious)

I have to say, touch wood, in the couple of years Ive had it, no problems, I can only remember 2 times in that period of connection problems, and one of them was an advised exchange upgrade, (the other one an hour or so, over a year back) so they have been very good.

Bt have got the size and I think they do make an effort when required, I used to notice that freebies going out to new customers and said what about me a loyal customer, giving me jack here, then by coincedence, a month later or so, Im bowled over with the bling of the goodie bag..... .

so very good for me to date.

CB, what's your experience been with BT's broadband service? I will be moving in a few months and changing provider, started out with Freeserve a few years back and gotpassed thru Wanadoo and on to Orange, which is pretty mediocre, so will likely not stay with them (customer suppt is attrocious)

sorry if i jump in.

the broadband part is good........as long as there are no issues with it.

issue is the service...or better, the customer service. they suck!!!!

my wife works for BT. 2 years ago i was 5 weeks without service because the idiots didnt communicate between departments (engineers did something to the lines, didnt tell broadband, broadband blamed all the trouble to me!!!! only for me to force the wife to pull some strings that they sorted it out!!!). I think BT sucks as a company, it is crap, utter crap, but then again, what else is there.

I am moving in 3 weeks. I am already resignated to 4 weeks without internet if these idiots perform the way they typically do. the only advantage is that if i dont get my connection, since my wife will be working from home, either they sort it out, or she gets free holiday (dunno if that is good:cheesy: )

bloody hell, 5 weeks sounds a bit rough Jacinto, no wonder you are slightly off with B. T. You sure it wasnt your fault. ;)

bloody hell, 5 weeks sounds a bit rough Jacinto, no wonder you are slightly off with B. T. You sure it wasnt your fault. ;)

no CB, absolutely not. the thing got to a point where the wife actually managed to get the emails where bt retail engineers acknowledged to the broadband department that they screwed up, which obviously, broadband department never concealed to me. the buggers

the most i managed to get at the time was free service for the 5 weeks the idiots screwed my paid service

no CB, absolutely not. the thing got to a point where the wife actually managed to get the emails where bt retail engineers acknowledged to the broadband department that they screwed up, which obviously, broadband department never concealed to me. the buggers

hmmm, OK, thats the thing with monster size, who really cares in those places? hopefully BT have learnt from your experience with them and.. wait a minute, you get it free anyway ? maybe thats why they bumped you down priority ?

I dunno, lets hope it a one off for you...

wait a minute, you get it free anyway ? maybe thats why they bumped you down priority ?

now i do. told the wife to tell the boss that if he doesnt want to pay for free holiday when she has to work from home, give it as a perk with business priority:cheesy:

Ok thnx for the info guys. Do either of you know if BT business internet requires a business line as well?

I'll bet my customer service with orange is worse,
I had a period of unexplained slowdown, to a crawl a few months back. The call center is based in India somewhere which always causes a problem of repeating everything. Got no problem with Indian people, when I am in India and have a problem with my internet connection then I want to talk to a guy in India, not a guy in Bristol, but when I'm in the UK then I want to talk to someone in the UK, anyways

The guy asked me to go to thinkbroadband.com and do a speed test, I explained I already had, but the connection was so slow it timed out, this seemed to confuse him, as he said if I couldn't do a speedtest, he couldn't be sure that my connection was slower than it should be :eek:

I offered to do a tracert, he didn't know what that was, so I spent 10 mins explaining it to him, he was unconvinced that the result of it was in any way significant, and suggested I check my browser.:rolleyes:

I told him the browser was not the problem, I had three different computers on the connection and they were all slow. He was not convinced, and wanted to walk me through a browser setting check.

He asked me what browser I was using, when I said Opera he said that must be the problem and he couldn't help me check the settings as he was not familiar with that browser.

Ok I thought, I also have IE, I said.
Which version number he said.
IE7 I said.
No I am not being familiar with IE7, it's very new. he said
Like about a year new I said.
He then suggested I uninstall IE7 and install IE6 and then he could help me because he was very good with that browser. I hung up.:mad:

Ok thnx for the info guys. Do either of you know if BT business internet requires a business line as well?

I'll bet my customer service with orange is worse,
I had a period of unexplained slowdown, to a crawl a few months back. The call center is based in India somewhere which always causes a problem of repeating everything. Got no problem with Indian people, when I am in India and have a problem with my internet connection then I want to talk to a guy in India, not a guy in Bristol, but when I'm in the UK then I want to talk to someone in the UK, anyways

The guy asked me to go to thinkbroadband.com and do a speed test, I explained I already had, but the connection was so slow it timed out, this seemed to confuse him, as he said if I couldn't do a speedtest, he couldn't be sure that my connection was slower than it should be :eek:

I offered to do a tracert, he didn't know what that was, so I spent 10 mins explaining it to him, he was unconvinced that the result of it was in any way significant, and suggested I check my browser.:rolleyes:

I told him the browser was not the problem, I had three different computers on the connection and they were all slow. He was not convinced, and wanted to walk me through a browser setting check.

He asked me what browser I was using, when I said Opera he said that must be the problem and he couldn't help me check the settings as he was not familiar with that browser.

Ok I thought, I also have IE, I said.
Which version number he said.
IE7 I said.
No I am not being familiar with IE7, it's very new. he said
Like about a year new I said.
He then suggested I uninstall IE7 and install IE6 and then he could help me because he was very good with that browser. I hung up.:mad:

sorry if i laugh....not personal but :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sounds like a BT call centre in the midlands for me 2 years ago :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

just shows that when the engineers **** up the cusomer service they got no bloody clue to what to say.

i really wish you have the best service wherever you move.

PS.....My wife and I lived in Mexico a some 4 years ago. Internet was provided by a Cable company...........the worse customer service in the country :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .........then again, it was publicly known they didnt have a customer service department. ........you know what is the worse part.....................I had fights with my wife to demonstrate that the BLUE CHIP in her ULTRA DEVELOPED COUNTRY had worse customer service than the WORSE NON-CUSTOMER-ORIENTED FIRM in a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sorry for the capital letters, but it just brings that experience to life.

honest, good luck

j

PS # 2: Customer services in Europe SUCK!!!!!!!