Range Trading

Jhumpa

4 0
Is there a program that I can buy or find online that can find stocks that have been trading in a specific range over the last couple years? I would like to find stocks that keep hitting a floor and then going up to a ceiling and then back down to the floor and so on. Something that has done this at least 3 times in the last couple years. I know this is confusing to convey over a forum, so please let me know if you need me to re explain.

Thanks, and Happy New Year.

Trader333

8,655 981
What sort of range are you looking for ? Is it fixed price or something else ? Either way in my view Radarscreen should be capable of doing this as long as you have a datafeed that can access enough historical information. You could probably do it in Excel as well but it would be more tricky.

China Diapers

Established member
536 35
Is there a program that I can buy or find online that can find stocks that have been trading in a specific range over the last couple years? I would like to find stocks that keep hitting a floor and then going up to a ceiling and then back down to the floor and so on. Something that has done this at least 3 times in the last couple years. I know this is confusing to convey over a forum, so please let me know if you need me to re explain.

Thanks, and Happy New Year.

You mean stocks which are doing this?

Attachments

• GBPUSD.png
    GBPUSD.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 177

China Diapers

Established member
536 35
I don't know about scanning for them, but it wouldn't take you too long to flick through the S&P 500 constituents (for example) once a week and add any stocks which meet the criteria to a watch list.

Jhumpa

4 0
What sort of range are you looking for ? Is it fixed price or something else ? Either way in my view Radarscreen should be capable of doing this as long as you have a datafeed that can access enough historical information. You could probably do it in Excel as well but it would be more tricky.

Thank you for your quick response. I am not very up to date with technology references - is this something that you could show me. I guess I am not fully following what you are saying, so I am confused as to what I am supposed to do or how I am to implement it. If you had a bit more time, maybe you could send me a private message with a more detailed explanation.

Thanks again.

Jhumpa

4 0
I don't know about scanning for them, but it wouldn't take you too long to flick through the S&P 500 constituents (for example) once a week and add any stocks which meet the criteria to a watch list.

Ok, sounds good, thanks. I feel that what I am looking for is going to be like a needle in a haystack - this is why I felt it would be easier to have a scan. I feel like I could be looking at thousands of stocks a week and not find what I am looking for.

Do you think that is the case, or do you think it will be fairly easy to find a predictable range stock?

Thanks

China Diapers

Established member
536 35
I don't know how many you would find, give it a go for a few weeks and see how many you come up with.

There are pattern recognition thingymabobs out there but I have not used them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock