Range Bar stock screener?

bobbydigital83

1 0
TOS released range bars (charts based on price action and NOT on time/volume) recently in the past year. I have actually through fine tuning and trial and error figured out a good trading strategy but I have to find the setup manually which is a mind drain.

This is my first post but you know how it is, most posters post when in need of some help. I use TOS because I prefer stocks at the moment but I know range bars tend to be used in forex trading more so I thought it would be best to ask here.

Is there any platform that allows stock searches based simply on price action? Tos (thinkorswim) only allows searches based on "time" ( like daily, weekly, 15min charts). I spoke to tos reps and they said at the moment, searches based on range (range bars, momentum bars, renko bars) isn't supported.

To be more specific, I am looking for a indicator setup to show on a range chart and the tos platform only allows it to show on a timed chart (like a daily chart). So for a general example, if I want search for a simple macd crossover, it will only search on the specified timed chart because there isn't an option to search on range bars. I have adjusted my timed searches to atleast get in the ballpark to what I am looking for on a range chart.

If anyone could help me out it will be great. If I do land on stock screener that indeed allows searches specifically on range bars, I can do more "testing" and I will be happy to share my strategy. Thanks!