RabidShark.com

wally_

Hi,

Is anyone familar with this service for trading ES? I don't like the way the results are reported as win/loss which does not tell you how good the system is, but perhaps it is OK...

Any comments?

Wally,

to me this guy sounds like a total fake. Have you figured him out yet? What's your take on this service?

Rob

rob_klo said:
Wally,

to me this guy sounds like a total fake. Have you figured him out yet? What's your take on this service?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay. I meant to answer your question sooner, but then got busy with other things and almost forgot about your post.

I have followed this service probably since its inception. Originally, he was offering a trading system for $395 or so. Then he launched a signal service which at first would include the entry and the target prices. Both were published in the track record on his site. This did not work very well, so he scratched it and started a new version in which only the entry price was given and published in the track record with the exit being discretionary and with a stop-loss fixed at 3 pts. This was even less convincing to me, but at least he would publish the entry price so you could figure out how his method was doing. Well, a good trader might have made 10 pts a month on a good month, but someone inexperienced would be unlikely to make a profit. He again scratched this version and now he is posting only if the system wins or loses without specifying the number of points won and without giving any clue as to where the entry was. To me, this is a total joke.

So draw your own conclusions, although it looks like you already did.

Best,
Wally

wally_ said:
Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay. I meant to answer your question sooner, but then got busy with other things and almost forgot about your post.

So draw your own conclusions, although it looks like you already did.

Best,
Wally

Hello Wally,

no problem with your delay. I do not come here that often, anyway. Thanks a lot for your informative post, I am glad to see that I have not misjudged this 'service'

Take care,
Rob

wally_ said:
Hi Rob,

I have followed this service probably since its inception. Originally, he was offering a trading system for $395 or so. Then he launched a signal service which at first would include the entry and the target prices. Both were published in the track record on his site. This did not work very well, so he scratched it and started a new version in which only the entry price was given and published in the track record with the exit being discretionary and with a stop-loss fixed at 3 pts. This was even less convincing to me, but at least he would publish the entry price so you could figure out how his method was doing.

Best,
Wally

That's a common pattern for this imposter, but he would also take it beyond changes like that. I recently learned that he was previously operating as MarketMariner.com and now he reinvented himself as Myminitrader.com. Each of his sites was identical in format and he had claimed great results until obviously he lost his client's base and started fishing for suckers again using a new website as a tool.

We know that a sucker is born every minute as the threads on the Edge or the 60 minute systems indicate quite clearly so I don't doubt that he has got plenty of clients.

rob_klo said:
That's a common pattern for this imposter, but he would also take it beyond changes like that. I recently learned that he was previously operating as MarketMariner.com and now he reinvented himself as Myminitrader.com. Each of his sites was identical in format and he had claimed great results until obviously he lost his client's base and started fishing for suckers again using a new website as a tool.

I noticed he has moved to that new site (Myminitrader.com) and now is gone, but did not know that he used to operate as MarketMariner.com. Well, I am pretty sure that he'll be back. Just as most of them...