Quotes, Sound-bites & Nuggets of Wisdom

Howard you really are trying to stretch this too far. For instance, I don;t suppose your quotes feature the Lobster song, which on the face of it is about cooking a lobster, it obviously has lessons about risk management.

Originally Posted by the Lobster Song

Hello mr fisherman, how do you do?
Have you got a lobster, i can buy from you?

Singing roll tiddly ‘ole, sh!t or bust
Never let your’ b0ll0cks dangle in the dust

Yes sir yes sir. I’ve got two.
The biggest of the *******s i will sell to you.

So we took the ******* home but we couldn’t find a dish
So we put it in the place where the missus has a ****

In the middle of the night as you might know
She gets up to use the so and so

First she gives a sigh and then she gives a grunt
There’s the ****in’ lobster hangin’ from her ****

Well i grabs the mop and she grabs a broom and we chase the ****in’ lobster
round and round the room

She hit it on the head and i hit it on the side
We beat the ****in’ lobster till the ******* died

There’s moral to this story, it is this
Always have shuffty befor you has a ****

That's the end of the story, there isn't any more
There's an apple up my ar$ehole, you can have the core

That's the end of teh story, I don't give a f*ck
There's an orange up my ar$ehole, you canhave a suck

Do your balls hang low?
Can you swing them to and fro?
Can you tie 'em in a knot?
Can you tie 'em in a bow?
Do you ever get the feeling
When they hit against the ceiling
That you'll never be a sailor
If your balls hang low?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they swing to and fro?
Can you throw 'em o'er your shoulder,
Like a Continental soldier?
Can you do the double shuffle,
When your balls hang low?

Do your balls hang low?
When your ******** hang right down,
Do they drag along the ground?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they make a lusty clamor,
When you hit them with a hammer?

Do your balls hang low?
Can you bounce 'em off the wall,
Like an Indian rubber ball?

Do your balls hang low?
Do your dingly-dangly gonads,
Roam about like desert nomads?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they ever start to hurt,
Cos they're dragging in the dirt?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they have a hollow sound,
When you drop 'em on the ground?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they have a mellow tingle,
When you hit 'em with a shingle?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they chime just like a gong,
When you pull upon your dong?

Absolutely scose. It is important to be humble at all times, because there is always a bigger trader out there that could just blow your stop right out of teh water.

Absolutely scose. It is important to be humble at all times, because there is always a bigger trader out there that could just blow your stop right out of teh water.

This one is quite big.

Attachments

• overweight floor trader2.jpg
    overweight floor trader2.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 658
It takes around forty-five hours to learn how to fly and a lifetime to learn when to fly.
Source:

It takes around forty-five hours to learn how to fly and a lifetime to learn when to fly.

I assume you mean that a pilot requires experience to keep them out of situations of uncertainty. Trading for me at least, is more a case of proactively embracing uncertainty and dealing with it (unless you are one of the all is known in advance crew)

Source:
Sorry mate, not wishing to drive the dagger, but as a fellow PPL holder, that doesn't really inspire confidence.

Unless I've misunderstood, you're implyng a pilot looks at the weather, the forecast, the planned route, the plane loading and flight characteristics etc. and then decides if it's a good idea to fly or not.

That's just dandy when you've got he luxury of not having taken off yet....

However, when you're aloft, I don't think your passengers would be too impressed with you suggesting you would prefer not to have taken off. You deal with what you are trained to deal with, exuding a quiet and calm confidence at all times.

I assume you mean that a pilot requires experience to keep them out of situations of uncertainty. Trading for me at least, is more a case of proactively embracing uncertainty and dealing with it (unless you are one of the all is known in advance crew)

It's not uncertainty you are trying to avoid. It's knowing the environment, your limits, the airplane limits and flying withing that envelope. Much like trading.

Sorry mate, not wishing to drive the dagger, but as a fellow PPL holder, that doesn't really inspire confidence.

Unless I've misunderstood, you're implyng a pilot looks at the weather, the forecast, the planned route, the plane loading and flight characteristics etc. and then decides if it's a good idea to fly or not.

That's just dandy when you've got he luxury of not having taken off yet....

However, when you're aloft, I don't think your passengers would be too impressed with you suggesting you would prefer not to have taken off. You deal with what you are trained to deal with, exuding a quiet and calm confidence at all times.

Knowing when to take off and knowing what to do once aloft if things change is what makes a good pilot and a good trader. The benefit of bringing observers (passengers) into the discussion alludes me.

Knowing when to take off and knowing what to do once aloft if things change is what makes a good pilot and a good trader. The benefit of bringing observers (passengers) into the discussion alludes me.

knowing when to start cooking and adding seasoning to taste is what makes a good cook and a good trader.

knowing when to walk out into the road and knowing who intends to cross the road and who doesnt is what makes a good lollipop lady and a good trader.

knowing when to stop foreplay and move on to penetration is the sign of a good lover and a good trader.

I think you mean 'eludes' you, but anyway, forget the passengers.

I simply meant that you seemed to be trying to say that knowing 'how' to fly was the easy bit (45 hours);while knowing 'when' (a lifetime) was the the especially clever/difficult bit. My point, obviously badly made, was that the luxury of choosing 'if' to fly or not, is no longer an option when you're aloft.

If you're still keen to press the trading/flying analogy (no idea why as they have fluck all connection) you may choose when and if to get into a trade, but once you're in, you no longer have the luxury of being able to make that decision - you have to go with what you've got.

I think you mean 'eludes' you, but anyway, forget the passengers.

I simply meant that you seemed to be trying to say that knowing 'how' to fly was the easy bit (45 hours);while knowing 'when' (a lifetime) was the the especially clever/difficult bit. My point, obviously badly made, was that the luxury of choosing 'if' to fly or not, is no longer an option when you're aloft.

If you're still keen to press the trading/flying analogy (no idea why as they have fluck all connection) you may choose when and if to get into a trade, but once you're in, you no longer have the luxury of being able to make that decision - you have to go with what you've got.

Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory.

It is better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here.

Do you know what trading is like? It's like trading. When you have enough experience of trading you will cease to draw forced analogies with things you understand from a previous experience in order to comfort your ego, and realise that it is what it is.

saying it is "like" something else just demonstrates that you don;t know that "it" is in the first place.

and, for the record, you are drawing similies, not analogies or metaphors.
It's only a similie id the word 'like' is used.

Dash is like a breath of fresh air - is a similie.

An analogy is what has been bandied about on here in the last few posts. Drawing a parallel. Even if at an acute angle if you'll forgive the pun. Or even if you won't.

A methaphor, well, what can I tell you about metaphors; only that when I was younger, I used to talk a lot about nothing at all until I met this really lovely girl. I stopped bullsh!tting and settled down and no longer spent hours on bulltein boards waffling about fluck all. And then I realised, my life had changed and everything had consipred to bring that change about had been purposeful and with intent. And indeed, that's what I had met her for.