Quote.com data Servers

smarwood

Hello All,

I have been subscribing to qcharts for over 2 years now, as good as i think the package is, i have noticed that it uses 1 of 32 servers for its data. Each one of these gives different chart data when selected. Does anyone use Qcharts ,and / or has tested which one of the servers is the most accurate data provider? ie which one is correct?

Thanks in advance

Spencer :p

My understanding is that all real-time data providers have to supply data which is delayed no more than three seconds from the exchange. So therefore you may notice one tick difference in the close of the bars, on occasions as it all depends where each bar ends and starts, time-wise. It's the same with all data providers and that is why you will see tiny differences between data provided by each supplier.

I feel it is more important to have fast transmission of data, so I just use the fastest server - use Ctrl Alt N to select the server you want to use.

Thanks Skim,

I also noticed that the miami farm servers are very gappy, is that the same with you?

How can you tell which is the fastest server when i press ctrl alt n ?

Which one do you use? im currently using cc-07.sc8!!!

Cheers

Spencer

When you press Ctrl Alt N you see a list, sorted according to the ping time. Just choose the 2nd or 3rd down the list. Go for the ones with names, not numbers, as the numbered ones tend to be the slower ones.

I believe that if you choose the first on the list you are automatically shunted down the list to one with excess capacity.

You're welcome. :D

Something I've noticed over the years that I've been using Qcharts is that after a holiday the data can be slightly patchy on occasions. The way round that is to wind the charts up before the US boys and girls wind theirs up - I had perfect charts until I started messing around looking at different Miami servers to see what you could see! LOL

What's the quality of Quote.com's time & sales historical data? Do the data feeds have high enough band width to pull down lots of intraday data? And how far back does the high-frequency data go?

I'm considering a subscription and maybe using QCollector to fetch the data but would like to hear about existing subscribers' experiences.

Any comments?

Jub

Hi Jubdk.

The 1 min chart goes back to 1997 and the daily back to 1900.

Hope this helps

spencer

Thanks Spencer, I think I'll try it out. They have a 1 month free trial. I hope that the time & sales data is also available at least a year back.

Jub