Best Thread Featured Quick reference for real trading profit. Tips that work

Don't go to expensive seminars. Use the money for trading and learning by your mistakes. And that's a sensible money management tip for newbies methinks.

"Market Makers work to a different time-frame than everyone else........................"

CCH

DON,T TRY AND TALK TOO THE MARKETS , LET THE MARKETS TALK TOO YOU :cheesy:
HENCE TRADE WHAT YOU SEE.

Hokum

pcj said:
DON,T TRY AND TALK TOO THE MARKETS , LET THE MARKETS TALK TOO YOU :cheesy:
HENCE TRADE WHAT YOU SEE.
"Hello I'm the DOW market talking and I'm glad you are looking at the dumb chart of my moving price. Buy 10 points below here, hold until it reaches todays top at 60 above your purchase and sell. Come back tomorrow Dummy and I'll help you all over again."

Ain't gonna happen .. EVER!
:D

Buy when tomorrow is Long and sell when tomorrow is short.

This simple little tip will eventually corner you all the money in the world.
Keep your fees very low as you will be doing big big volumes.

Joules MM1 said:
By far the best euphemisitc money management one-liner I've ever seen
......"A man with a surplus can control circumstances, but a man without a surplus is controlled by them, and often has no opportunity to reserve judgement" - Marshall Field
Well ain't that pretty.

A man with a surplus has money at the risk of his own folly; but a man without a surplus is free to contemplate opportunity, is spurred by motivation and is positioned where folly cannot remove a surplus he does not have.

never in my whole life have i been bombarded with such utter useless crap that is bound to lose more money than ill ever make in a lifetime

so much contradiction and so many generally bad tips my head started spinning after the first post...'the trend is your friend.' ....congrats u fool but i also might say something as general as 'stop losses save money on bad trades.'

please before you post something as useless as this think of all the poor people who do not know much about trading and will actually try to use all of this contradicting advice and hence be utterly screwed over by it

thanks for your time

thekid said:
never in my whole life have i been bombarded with such utter useless crap that is bound to lose more money than ill ever make in a lifetime

so much contradiction and so many generally bad tips my head started spinning after the first post...'the trend is your friend.' ....congrats u fool but i also might say something as general as 'stop losses save money on bad trades.'

please before you post something as useless as this think of all the poor people who do not know much about trading and will actually try to use all of this contradicting advice and hence be utterly screwed over by it

thanks for your time

That's because nearly everything about the markets and trading is paradoxical (just like life).
I understand where you are coming from completely though.

thekid said:
congrats u fool but i also might say something as general as 'stop losses save money on bad trades.'

almost ....... "stop losses save money for bad traders, good traders, however ,save/make money on bad trades."

bad? learning,rookie etc.. not foul people etc.
hmm, unless you use it as an auto function in your plan.

Last edited:
Staying Out Versus Getting In

fudgestain said:
If you have to stay away any day :confused:
You've not yet learnt the way to play.
:)

Dear Fudge,

I trade futures: mostly Bobls, Estoxx 50, Dax, and mini-Nasdaq. I work with a triple-screen, using a long term trend by EMA, shorter term EMA, and a MACD. (I often look for corroborating signals from the ADX, RSI, %R, Stochastic, ROC, channels, candles, volume, and open market position.) When the three major tools say the same thing, I jump in. But when they contradict each other, I stay out. I figure the markets are random more often than they are trending or cycling.

I've been averaging around 67% success ration, and losses are generally smaller than gains. Still there are days when I have to stand back and look for direction.

Don't you find that it is best to stay clear when the market is random? Or are you playing shorter term cycles? Are you always in the market?

Best regards,

Van88Guy

thought 4 the day

hi

forex markets are very liquid and thus very random. the smaller time frame you trade, the more random and volatile it gets. it is safer and cheaper to stick to longer time frame charts {1hr/4hr} and it gets easier seeing big support and resistance and longer term trends. the smaller you go, the riskier it gets and the more you can lose

ta daaa!