Questions about the U.S uptick rule.

John28

I just started paper trading 2 months ago. I know right now stocks that are down 10% is subjected to the rule. I've read conflicting articles online about the subject. Any help would be appreciated. My questions are:

Can I short on the ask even if there's no uptick? So if a stock is $5 an I sell on the ask for 5.01?

Can I use a Market order to sell if there's no uptick?

So if I did put in a market order to sell at $5 and it upticked
1 penny for 2 seconds would that be enough time to get my order filled if the liquidity was there?

The bigger issue here will be being able to borrow shares to short from your broker if a stock is already down 10% on the day... I wouldn't spend much time looking for a strategy around this as it will fall apart in live trading...uptick rule or not being the least of your problems.

The bigger issue here will be being able to borrow shares to short from your broker if a stock is already down 10% on the day... I wouldn't spend much time looking for a strategy around this as it will fall apart in live trading...uptick rule or not being the least of your problems.

Yeah but I'm not exclusively trading gap downs. Also I'm not asking so I can trade $1 pump and dumps. There's some stocks with tons of liquidity that drop 10% bc of ER or some other reason.