Question to every day trader

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.
Jul 13, 2017
I have a question to every day trader out there especially successful ones. Is this a passion of yours? And do you feel like that you should not do day trading if its not a passion of yours? I feel you can become successful doing things you hate but makes it way harder and alot more discipline is required.

alextrader79

Jan 16, 2017
It was someday, I am comfortable with trading, but I can't say that it's something "Oh wow it's so thrilling"
Like every work, someday it becomes smth ordinary for you

piphoe

Oct 31, 2015
yes, I never want to do anything else. Very much a passion.

Apr 4, 2016
Not passion for me. I was p*ssed off they were taking my money. So I just wanted revenge.

But I am in the wrong thread. I am not a day trader. I trade minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, whatever it takes until they hand over their money.

Splitlink

Nov 18, 2001
With me, it is an interesting pastime for a retiree. I use low stakes, because I've lived too long to want to risk more, so am unlikely to make a fortune out of it.

I know how to do it, though. I think.:whistling

cbrads

Mar 11, 2014
NW England
I have a question to every day trader out there especially successful ones. Is this a passion of yours? And do you feel like that you should not do day trading if its not a passion of yours? I feel you can become successful doing things you hate but makes it way harder and alot more discipline is required.
Yes, passion isn't too strong a word for it. Nothing else will motivate you to put in the time and effort, not even money (if you ever make any). The reason I don't trade longer time frames is simply because I don't have the drive to do so. I think this is the point many longer term traders don't understand when they give (well meaning) advice to newbies. I don't understand why you would day trade if you hate it. It's the recipe failure and ruin. If trading isn't a passion, why put yourself through it. Find a normal job that's bearable or, dare I say it, you enjoy. Good Luck

dbphoenix

Aug 24, 2003
There's a wide expanse between passion and hatred. I find daytrading intriguing and even fascinating, but that is due largely to my background. But passion? No. I reserve that for more important things.

What novice daytraders lack is not passion but self-discipline and patience, not to mention a trading plan. If one doesn't want to "put himself through" the process of developing such a plan, then he has no business trading, day or otherwise, anymore than someone who wants to open a store or whatever has any business doing so without first developing a business plan.