Question: Offshore fund

jonfuentesx

Hi everyone.

I have been thinking about creating a fund for some time, however both the regulation at the level of licenses and minimum capital are not within my reach at this time, in the majority of countries. In fact I don't have any kind of qualification, I am like many of you, a trader who has learned online (many of the licenses are based on knowledge tests).

However I remember reading that a master-feeder structure (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/master-feeder-fund.asp) could be created in a non-offshore country, such as Switzerland, and the fund itself in an offshore one, and then connect these two entities so that clients are accepted from this LLC but the activity hedge fund is carried out in the offshore country.

I have been trying to find out for a long time but I have not found clear information, and for each step, you would have to read hundreds of regulation pages in the legal language of each country. Another solution is obviously to hire a specialized lawyer, which does not lower than 10,000 dollars per consultation.

I would like to know if any of you have experience, or know someone, or can provide any help in this regard, thanks.