Question about Index related information resources

5%Luck

New here..

I have been looking for index chart and point(price) histories including opens highs lows and closes in a downloadable format to either excel or Open office for all the worlds major indices.

So far I have only come up with proper data from my local indices(IE:US indices). I have used yahoo and my trading platform to gather these data points but so far have only been able to come up with 1-5 day charts for any other index.

I guess what I am looking for is an index history for all major indices that includes opens closes highs lows and volume for each day that index was open for up to 10 years.

Sorry in advance if my search skills are low. I did try to search.

I have been following a number of ETFs that track indices that I can not find the underlining data for.

What I am trying to do is find if the fund managers is tracking them well and if there are other factors at play within an index that effect it that I should be aware of before making any decisions.

I have been looking at some India funds and cant seem to get decent index histories. Only 5 day charts and I found one site that offered to sell me the data but it came out jumbled and in an extremely short time frame. 3 months.

I have further attempted to change the domains of my go to history sites like yahoo so I can view yahoo India and it still seems to be a fundamental barrier to proper information. While that did allow me to view Indian news and their major indices it didnt have the particular indices I was looking for. Indus India Index(III)

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: