Quantopian and python

dvdadie

anyone out there actively backtesting strategies using quantopian and / or python?

we have been looking to integrate with them at work with our index data (STOXX). i can't speak of them from a back testing standpoint but can say that they are legit and used commercially.

I was looking at Quantopian a few months back. I've got a bunch of Python books on my shelf with the intention of getting up to speed. Given how little screen time I've got outside of 'regular work', the automation appeals to me and there's a lot of funky AI stuff happening these days. Interesting times!

Can you recommend some books which pass the stage of some basic explanations and jump straight to building working strategies? I have good background in math and basic python so don't want to waste time for beginners' guides.

Can you recommend some books which pass the stage of some basic explanations and jump straight to building working strategies? I have good background in math and basic python so don't want to waste time for beginners' guides.
there are no such books. quantativ strategies are some as hacking. And people who can trade efficiently no writing any books