Putting all great idea together

So, where are we with this?
Your phrase "... I like lots of variables that the user can mix and change for better results. ...|" suggests a free-for-all, where everybody does what they want.
I thought this was a project to develop a specific set of rules for a profitable algo.

Have you decided on a specific method? For example, will this be a Breakout, or Trend-following, or Support and Resistance, or Reversion-to-Mean style trading?

Each style will have different sets of parameters and triggers for trades.
You have to decide on what your psychology is suited to.

Are there any active and profitable algos which are coded according to obsolete technical analysis concepts like RSI, MACD etc. I thought it's left in the past:D

Are there any active and profitable algos which are coded according to obsolete technical analysis concepts like RSI, MACD etc. I thought it's left in the past:D

I had an EA coded up for me with RSI, Moving Averages and Macd on an and/or basis but it wasn't profitable.

I got a note through the net offering a free for a year EA called EA Forex Trader. I am testing another at the moment so I have not tried it. You have to deposit $200 minimum into a broker of their choice though. And run it on the net 25/7.

The stats look excellent.

Last edited:
i have used EAs in the past to advise me when to look at pairs as they are in interesting situations .....then i step in and decide to trade or not .....

i just can’t live with an EA trading for me ......and i’ve seen some pretty good ones over the years ....

N

i have used EAs in the past to advise me when to look at pairs as they are in interesting situations .....then i step in and decide to trade or not .....

i just can’t live with an EA trading for me ......and i’ve seen some pretty good ones over the years ....

N

Thats my experience.
I prefer an EA to send me emails when certain set-ups are available, but I have to eyeball the chart to decide if its a valid set-up, and finesse the entry/exit.
Theres a certain percentage of analysis that is the grey-stuff that I cant yet automate or turn into code.

I prefer to trade manually and it has been so for years. I don't like the loss of control that comes with an EA.

One has to put in an awful lot of screen time to scalp manually.
Daily trend trading is a bit different.

Trading plan is an action guideline that can help a foreign currency exchange trader to achieve his trading objectives in the most systematic way. However, a forex trader must try to plan as he can follow his trades within his financial and trading capacities. Earning money can’t be always an outcome; sometime a trader may face losing money. For this reason, from time to time, we forex traders need to adopt risk management.

scalper!
really good tight stop-losses.

my, this was a short thread!
Are there still manual scalpers who is trying their luck? I think it became a fact maybe 3-4 years ago that there is no place for manual traders on short timeframes.

I use an EA ( self designed ) and manual. The latter is useful to look into the charts to see what is going on with a view to improve.

Well ???
Its been nearly a month. Have you coded up the only system so far suggested ?