Psychics

Have none of you guys ever found yourself thinking about someone, and just at that moment, or shortly after, the phone rings..and it is that person. Or maybe you get a letter from them the next day?

Have none of you guys ever found yourself thinking about someone, and just at that moment, or shortly after, the phone rings..and it is that person. Or maybe you get a letter from them the next day?

Yes, quite often, or similar.

For example, i sometimes get a sense that I am about to see someone I know/talk to and soon afterwards I do. Although i dont actually know who the person will be - just a sudden hunch that someone i know to talk to will appear. But when i do see them, i may have recently been thinking about them.

Or sometimes i will be thinking about someone specifically who i've not seen for a long time, and then see them soon afterwards (within days kind of thing). eg. a friend, friends dad etc.

We all have a sixth sense/ESP that we can tap into to greater or lesser extents.
For example, if you've been walking in the woods or somewhere quiet, and you've not heards anything or seen anyone, any movement etc, but something just suddenly tells you that there is another person/people present within 50 metres maybe, and you turn around and there you see them.......

Last edited:
I'm a gas service engineer to trade, and I've noticed in the past few months that I notice I am maybe short of a spare for a fire or boiler, and get one for van stock, and often the same day i need that part for my next job..co-incidence??

Scott,

I'll put money on you having those thoughts ten times more often than you realise. Only when the phone rings aftewards, from the same person, do you register it as significant.

UTB

Scott,

Coincidence? Or perhaps just sound JIT inventory management. :)

Do you also notice all the times when you order a spare and don't immediately need it for a job, which probably outnumber the times when you do?

Are the spares you tend to be short of generally the ones you use most often?

If you've been doing this for a while your subconscious may have stored away typical usage patterns for various spares, based on the jobs you've done over the past few years. So when you 'randomly' notice an empty widget box in your van it may be your subconscious prompting you: "November, right mate we're due a few Worcester 200 heat exchanger AR5 rings soon as the sudden cold tends to perish them."

As Sheffield says we have a tendency to overemphasise what strikes us as significant and discount the ordinary, especially in memory, i.e. we love to seek patterns or 'meaning' in mere coincidence.

Yeah, you and Blades are both probably right, frugi. I must be a better storeman than I give myself credit for!!

Scott,

I'll put money on you having those thoughts ten times more often than you realise. Only when the phone rings aftewards, from the same person, do you register it as significant.

UTB

Maybe the same can be said about my example of sensing a person when walking in the woods type thingy.
The average person is likely to be slightly nervous about walking in the woods alone perhaps, and on a heightened state of alert. For every 10,20,30 etc times they had a hunch that someone else was present, and turned round to look - they might be right only once.....But they just remember the time/s when their hunch turned out to be right.

i sometimes get a sense that I am about to see someone I know/talk to and soon afterwards I do. Although i dont actually know who the person will be - just a sudden hunch that someone i know to talk to will appear

This is all quite normal when you are on your way to a party that you have been invited to by your friends and not something that would normally be classed as psychic :)

Paul

This is all quite normal when you are on your way to a party that you have been invited to by your friends and not something that would normally be classed as psychic :)

Paul

Not quite.

More a sense of being unsure of your surroundings maybe, if for eg. alone at the gym, and there's people talking in the changing room, and get a sense that you'll soon interact someone who you know/talk to.

Maybe I'm imagining it though.

Like i said a few posts back,you can get lots of little hunches about things, but you tend to forget the ones that failed, and give prominence to the ones that were correct. The failed hunches may outweight the correct hunches by a lot...

TV - Channel five uk This week

Extraordinary People (Documentary)
Time - 21:00 - 22:00 (1 hour long)
When - Thursday 25th September on five

The Million Dollar Mind Reader.
Series of documentaries exploring remarkable stories of human experience from all over the world. Derek Ogilvie says he can read the minds of infants who are too young to communicate verbally. Now he agrees to undergo a series of controlled experiments to test the limits of his alleged abilities. He even faces the ultimate sceptic in the form of James Randi, an investigator of the paranormal who has offered $1million to anyone who can provide evidence of the supernatural.
(Editor's Choice, Subtitles, 4 Star)

Nice holiday CB? Spain or Portugal?;) Faro's nice in September!

EDIT: just an attempt at remote reading, as i notice you've been AWOL for a week or so :LOL:.

Last edited:
"Millionaire spooked from mansion

BBC

_45038156_cliftonhall.jpg

Clifton Hall dates back to the Norman conquest
A millionaire businessman from Nottinghamshire has said ghosts forced him to flee his 52-room mansion."

BBC NEWS | England | Nottinghamshire | Millionaire spooked from mansion

;)