prospreads.com

I heard you were working on fixing the issues. How is that going? Any ETA yet?

not really, but meetings being had and different automated functionalities being added to our own platform, to perform scaling out of positions.

not really, but meetings being had and different automated functionalities being added to our own platform, to perform scaling out of positions.

Ah, so you haven't started the work on fixing the issues with your API to Ninja at all. Just a few meetings. If the API work is to be canned please just tell us so we know.

It's of course entirely up to you, but Ninja has been developed over many years and has a lot of functionality. IMO it would be a much better use of development time to fix the API first then add automated features to your existing platform - that would immediately give all of your clients access to Ninja functionality. It's a far bigger win.

Ah, so you haven't started the work on fixing the issues with your API to Ninja at all. Just a few meetings. If the API work is to be canned please just tell us so we know.

It's of course entirely up to you, but Ninja has been developed over many years and has a lot of functionality. IMO it would be a much better use of development time to fix the API first then add automated features to your existing platform - that would immediately give all of your clients access to Ninja functionality. It's a far bigger win.

As we have said before, the help we are getting to rectify this problem from ninja has not been the best, the issues were only with some clients using this , not all.
The clients using ninja currently with us will not receive the new updated platform from ninja

I'm confused. Is it possible to sign up to Prospreads and use Ninja? I thought you'd stopped offering it when you changed from being Futurespreads?

I'm confused. Is it possible to sign up to Prospreads and use Ninja? I thought you'd stopped offering it when you changed from being Futurespreads?[/QUOTE
As i mentioned it before that we still have clients that use Ninja, but wont be getting the new version.
So we are not offering Ninja as an automated trading platform.

As we have said before, the help we are getting to rectify this problem from ninja has not been the best, the issues were only with some clients using this , not all.
The clients using ninja currently with us will not receive the new updated platform from ninja

Thanks for the reply. I'm confused about it though -

To be fair, the main issues are with Prospreads API as I understand it. I don't think Ninja have these problems with other brokers, and the whole point of an API is to seperate functionality and interface in a modular fashion.

You also haven't answered the question - are the API development fixes being canned?

This sentence is confusing:

"The clients using ninja currently with us will not receive the new updated platform from ninja "

Are you saying that clients using Ninja with you will not be able to use the next version of Ninja - Ninja 7? If the API is not fixed/updated how will you know that clients are using the updated Ninja platform? What does 'will not receive' mean in this context? How do you have any say in who will receive a third party platform?

thanks
Xeno

in an email from prospreads, they advised that "Yes, we are going to launch spot FX on our platform. We are just testing it in the office before we launch it, but everything is currently running smoothly, so we are hopeful that within a few weeks this will be available for our clients."

I am really excited about the news. Can't wait

Thanks for the reply. I'm confused about it though -
Xeno

Me too! if the latest NT can't be used, does that mean the basic version (the free one without the automated bells and whistles, as available through some brokers) is still available?

As we have said before, the help we are getting to rectify this problem from ninja has not been the best . . .
Tbh I've found the guys at Ninja to be totally useless in this area and had little interest in sorting out problems.
(background : real time data API connectivity in an trading flor environment is a big part of my job, I know what I'm talking about)

Tbh I've found the guys at Ninja to be totally useless in this area and had little interest in sorting out problems.
(background : real time data API connectivity in an trading flor environment is a big part of my job, I know what I'm talking about)

That may be the case, but as far as I know Ninja are ready and waiting to test this stuff. But the changes have to be made in the API first, and that is under the control of Prospreads or their supplier.

Once Prospreads sort out few things with Proreal and FX cash, they will be difficult to beat, as they are DMA and spreadbetting at the same time. Level2 is also available and the volume will be incorporated (so I have been told) with the charting package. Good for VSA, even though FX volume is based on tick volume, but with much wider field that any spreadbetting MM is offering so far. For indexes and commodities it also shall be very useful. A bit of fresh air.

Prospreads Indices

Once Prospreads sort out few things with Proreal and FX cash, they will be difficult to beat, as they are DMA and spreadbetting at the same time. Level2 is also available and the volume will be incorporated (so I have been told) with the charting package. Good for VSA, even though FX volume is based on tick volume, but with much wider field that any spreadbetting MM is offering so far. For indexes and commodities it also shall be very useful. A bit of fresh air.

I've just done my first trade on Prospreads. boy the platform is blisteringly fast and spreads are pretty good. My problem is their overnight margins are pretty steep - £3500 for 1 lot of FTSE (£10). I can do 4 times more trades with IG. Has anybody managed to negotiate lower margins?

All my bets (without exception) are almost prefectly hedged so they dont really eat up capital. I'm going to try if they will negotiate on margins as long as I continue to hedge.

I've just done my first trade on Prospreads. boy the platform is blisteringly fast and spreads are pretty good. My problem is their overnight margins are pretty steep - £3500 for 1 lot of FTSE (£10). I can do 4 times more trades with IG. Has anybody managed to negotiate lower margins?

All my bets (without exception) are almost prefectly hedged so they dont really eat up capital. I'm going to try if they will negotiate on margins as long as I continue to hedge.
Yes the overnight margins are very high, possibly to protect both themselves and the trader. Their daytime margins are much better.
For the time being they are good for day trading, due to these very large overnight margins.

Yes the overnight margins are very high, possibly to protect both themselves and the trader. Their daytime margins are much better.
For the time being they are good for day trading, due to these very large overnight margins.

2BE,

What are the day trading margins for FTSE and YM.

Not holding overnight.

Ged

They should be getting chats in the next week or so too.
Supposed to be a similar package to what IG offer ?
Lets see what comes up ( says the vigar to the chouir boy LOL )

I am interested in this service. Can you tell me on Ftse "initial margin" is £3500 per £10pt, do I have to lodge this everytime i trade, or does it only apply if i hold overnight?

I am interested in this service. Can you tell me on Ftse "initial margin" is £3500 per £10pt, do I have to lodge this everytime i trade, or does it only apply if i hold overnight?

Its overnight

daytime margins are 1/4 th of the above

I'm an active trader with Prospreads for last 4 weeks - blisteringly fast platform and good tight spreads.

Does anyone know of DMA platform similar to Prospreads? I'm interested in 2nd broker for hedging

thanks