prospreads.com

Phil Mibbutz

Jun 29, 2004
Hi Phil,
Just to be clear, your comments imply that one pays a 2 point spread commission to enter AND a 2 point spread to exit, i.e. 4 points in total for the full RT (4 x $5.00 = $20.00)? This isn't my understanding and, if you're correct, makes ProSpreads even more expensive than I initially thought. Twice as expensive in fact!
:eek:
Tim.
Sadly, I think that's the case, Tim. The effective spread on YM is 5pt minimum, reducing to 3pt after 200 trades per month. The main advantage of Prospreads is the speed of their platform and absence of SB nobbling, which would make short-term trading possible. Difficult with a 5pt spread, though, even if you can benefit from buying/selling at bid/ask and not pay the market spread.

arabianights

Jan 9, 2007
I don't think that prospreads is designed for traders that would notice the first 200 lots... that's pretty much their way of putting a monthly charge on traders doing at least 10k a month...

Jul 21, 2009
I have made some tests with them, but saw no results.
Will be happy to hear from the forum members regarding their experience with them

Thanks

pit pony

Jun 11, 2008
I have made some tests with them, but saw no results.
Will be happy to hear from the forum members regarding their experience with them

Thanks
i was with Futuresbetting.com, then they changed the name to prospreads,i cant find anyone better than these guys, tight spreads, DMA so getting instatnt fills, feels like trading on a pro platform, but spreadbetting.
only futures at the moment but they say Fx Spot coming very soon.

gle101

Jan 14, 2006
Karlstad
i was with Futuresbetting.com, then they changed the name to prospreads,i cant find anyone better than these guys, tight spreads, DMA so getting instatnt fills, feels like trading on a pro platform, but spreadbetting.
Sure, you are trading the futures at a very high cost. If you feel the tax issue overrides it all, then go for it.

neil

Nov 19, 2001
Minimum bet size?

I think the minimum bet is one Lot of the underlying...thus FTSE would be a minimum bet of £10 per point ?

Xeno

Feb 26, 2008
not really, but meetings being had and different automated functionalities being added to our own platform, to perform scaling out of positions.
Ah, so you haven't started the work on fixing the issues with your API to Ninja at all. Just a few meetings. If the API work is to be canned please just tell us so we know.

It's of course entirely up to you, but Ninja has been developed over many years and has a lot of functionality. IMO it would be a much better use of development time to fix the API first then add automated features to your existing platform - that would immediately give all of your clients access to Ninja functionality. It's a far bigger win.

ProSpreads

Jul 8, 2009
Gibraltar
Ah, so you haven't started the work on fixing the issues with your API to Ninja at all. Just a few meetings. If the API work is to be canned please just tell us so we know.

It's of course entirely up to you, but Ninja has been developed over many years and has a lot of functionality. IMO it would be a much better use of development time to fix the API first then add automated features to your existing platform - that would immediately give all of your clients access to Ninja functionality. It's a far bigger win.
As we have said before, the help we are getting to rectify this problem from ninja has not been the best, the issues were only with some clients using this , not all.
The clients using ninja currently with us will not receive the new updated platform from ninja

Jack Hughes

Aug 1, 2009
I'm confused. Is it possible to sign up to Prospreads and use Ninja? I thought you'd stopped offering it when you changed from being Futurespreads?

ProSpreads

Jul 8, 2009
Gibraltar
I'm confused. Is it possible to sign up to Prospreads and use Ninja? I thought you'd stopped offering it when you changed from being Futurespreads?[/QUOTE
As i mentioned it before that we still have clients that use Ninja, but wont be getting the new version.
So we are not offering Ninja as an automated trading platform.