prospreads.com

Keep at it lads, when (if) you get the light bulb moment and realise how friggin easy this business is, and that all the education out there on charts and trading is bs, just pm me with your apology. Keep your stops tight, and your ass even tighter as sh1t can follow a fart if your not able to understand market dynamics.

Keep at it lads, when (if) you get the light bulb moment and realise how friggin easy this business is, and that all the education out there on charts and trading is bs, just pm me with your apology. Keep your stops tight, and your ass even tighter as sh1t can follow a fart if your not able to understand market dynamics.

I actually agree about most of the education on charts and trading being BS, but you'll need to explain how making £10k a day, or whatever, is 'easy'.

I actually agree about most of the education on charts and trading being BS, but you'll need to explain how making £10k a day, or whatever, is 'easy'.

As you probably suspect, those who don't know say, and those who know, don't say, especially to a stranger on a free bb. That doesn't help you of course, but I will give you the best tip that if you really want to succeed in this business will turn your trading around. Stop thinking like a trader and think more like a market maker, and what tricks you would pull to Hoover up some pips.

As you probably suspect, those who don't know say, and those who know, don't say, especially to a stranger on a free bb. That doesn't help you of course, but I will give you the best tip that if you really want to succeed in this business will turn your trading around. Stop thinking like a trader and think more like a market maker, and what tricks you would pull to Hoover up some pips.

what ever it is you are smoking fibbin can you get some for me - :cool:

Prospreads now offering micro lots and looking for retail rather that professional traders? How can this be DMA, and will they have to rebrand themself as Amateurspreads, or Nonprospreads?

Prospreads now offering micro lots and looking for retail rather that professional traders? How can this be DMA, and will they have to rebrand themself as Amateurspreads, or Nonprospreads?
Yes I like it, a great move in order to capitalize on the huge market of spread betters.

I have been testing the Prospreads demo platform, I can't find anything about a user predefine stop loss order in points. Very hard to do it quickly with preciseness using the quick trade ladder. How have you guys solved it trading with them? A good and very fast platform but the lack of automated stop loss feature seems to be the platforms weakest point. Have I missed out on some important platform feature in this regard?

On the website it says that they will send a link to download the trading platform, but it doesn't say what the system requirements are for it. I use a Mac, so does anyone know whether it's a PC only platform?

On the website it says that they will send a link to download the trading platform, but it doesn't say what the system requirements are for it. I use a Mac, so does anyone know whether it's a PC only platform?
The platform installation comes as a web plugin, my guess is that the plugin will also work for Safari browser, give it a try.

I have been testing the Prospreads demo platform, I can't find anything about a user predefine stop loss order in points. Very hard to do it quickly with preciseness using the quick trade ladder. How have you guys solved it trading with them? A good and very fast platform but the lack of automated stop loss feature seems to be the platforms weakest point. Have I missed out on some important platform feature in this regard?

Hi

We have found that the majority of active day-traders prefer not to have automated stops, especially those from a futures trading background. This is because they trade in such short timeframes, sometimes following news releases, and will minitor and adjust their exit strategy in real time, so will often just exit positions with market orders.
For those customers using the quick trade ladder, stops can be placed anywhere and dragged up and down to fit their requirements. For those not using the quick trade ladder, stops can be placed via the order ticket.

Th only time stop orders are effectively automated, is when a rolling stop order is placed, with the stop level automatically adjusting as price moves in the position's favour.

Simon

Hi

The platform does function on Mac, but we recommend customers use PCs for optimal performance.

Any additional information required, please let us know.

Simon

If PS now has micro lots and is for retail traders, what's the advantage over Capital Spreads, as the costs are much higher?

If PS now has micro lots and is for retail traders, what's the advantage over Capital Spreads, as the costs are much higher?

Live market prices, no re-quotes and lightning speed. I have been using it for a few years with no issues. takes time to get used to it, but worth the effort.

Live market prices, no re-quotes and lightning speed. I have been using it for a few years with no issues. takes time to get used to it, but worth the effort.

Will it still be so fast if it's not actually DMA and really works the same as any other SB, though?

Hi

We have found that the majority of active day-traders prefer not to have automated stops, especially those from a futures trading background. This is because they trade in such short timeframes, sometimes following news releases, and will minitor and adjust their exit strategy in real time, so will often just exit positions with market orders.
For those customers using the quick trade ladder, stops can be placed anywhere and dragged up and down to fit their requirements. For those not using the quick trade ladder, stops can be placed via the order ticket.

Th only time stop orders are effectively automated, is when a rolling stop order is placed, with the stop level automatically adjusting as price moves in the position's favour.

Simon
Thanks Simon, I got your point, but still this important feature is needed, especially as you are now also targeting retail clients. Otherwise the Prospreads platform have a lot of similarity and feel with the IB platform (yes they got this stop loss feature). Prospreads platform is customizable to you own need, really great how easy you can set it up to your liking. This move of yours introducing mini-lots for the Prospreads platform is brilliant and will for sure be proven to be successful.

Hi

The platform does function on Mac, but we recommend customers use PCs for optimal performance.

Any additional information required, please let us know.

Simon

Thanks for the reply Simon. I downloaded the installation file this morning but it's called CitrixOnlinePluginWeb.exe - a .exe file is a PC only install program. So it won't work on a Apple Mac unless you use some kind of PC emulation software like Parallels, which is no good for trading as is too slow. So unless you have a native Apple program or plan on developing one I won't be able to use your platform as I've got no intention of downgrading to a PC anytime soon. :(