prospreads.com

You can resolve your stop issues easily by asking for a demo acct and playing around with it.

Merry Xmas.

WR1

i always love comments from clients about the attitudes of brokers/insulting them/calling them bucket shops..... etc etc

frankly i have working in the financial services industry for about 30 years .. nearly all at the sharp point and the basic honest truth is that brokers are nothing compared to clients... If a client thinks he can rip off a broker/market maker (maybe there is something in error on the platform or whatever) then .. he will just do it... and attempt to rip the broker off for as much as he possibly can up to hundreds of thousands of pounds.... in all the years of running Capital Spreads i do not think we have ever once had a client ring us up to point out a pricing flaw (unless the flaw was going against his current position) if brokers acted like clients then God help us.

We must abide by rules .. we are regulated by people whose strictures and penalties are virtually limitless and whose rulings do not even have to abide by the law... those on the outside cannot really comprehend what it is like....... but clients...oh no... nobody slaps their wrists... even when they get found out they invariably threaten to go to the ombudsman as though their cheating should be legally allowable(!!)

so please do not smear the Brokers... i have seen virtually every trick in the book and hardly any of them have been committed by a SB/cfd/FX company.

the reason that some brokers have gone under has been nothing to do with the client facing part of their operations but normally to do with bad/criminal higher management.

the Prospreads platform is a professional futures platform and (unfortunately) futures cannot have stops attached to positions.... sorry but this is just a fact... the point about SB and cfd brokers is that they are the single Market maker for your position so you can have an order attached to your individual position and the order will be cancelled if the open position is closed in some other fashion.... but the thing about futures is that they are an exchange so you can trade with virtually anyone in the world any order is just an order and is not a stop or limit order attached to a position as is understood by most in the Spread Betting world.

every trading platform has its limitation.

Simon

WR1

i always love comments from clients about the attitudes of brokers/insulting them/calling them bucket shops..... etc etc

frankly i have working in the financial services industry for about 30 years .. nearly all at the sharp point and the basic honest truth is that brokers are nothing compared to clients... If a client thinks he can rip off a broker/market maker (maybe there is something in error on the platform or whatever) then .. he will just do it... and attempt to rip the broker off for as much as he possibly can up to hundreds of thousands of pounds.... in all the years of running Capital Spreads i do not think we have ever once had a client ring us up to point out a pricing flaw (unless the flaw was going against his current position) if brokers acted like clients then God help us.

We must abide by rules .. we are regulated by people whose strictures and penalties are virtually limitless and whose rulings do not even have to abide by the law... those on the outside cannot really comprehend what it is like....... but clients...oh no... nobody slaps their wrists... even when they get found out they invariably threaten to go to the ombudsman as though their cheating should be legally allowable(!!)

so please do not smear the Brokers... i have seen virtually every trick in the book and hardly any of them have been committed by a SB/cfd/FX company.

the reason that some brokers have gone under has been nothing to do with the client facing part of their operations but normally to do with bad/criminal higher management.

the Prospreads platform is a professional futures platform and (unfortunately) futures cannot have stops attached to positions.... sorry but this is just a fact... the point about SB and cfd brokers is that they are the single Market maker for your position so you can have an order attached to your individual position and the order will be cancelled if the open position is closed in some other fashion.... but the thing about futures is that they are an exchange so you can trade with virtually anyone in the world any order is just an order and is not a stop or limit order attached to a position as is understood by most in the Spread Betting world.

Simon
This I don't understand. You can initiate a stop order by manually clicking on the ladder. If you are not able to do it automatically you are definitely taking an additional risk in a fast moving market. Others like IB have solved it why not Prospreads? Also mini lots, is not actually real futures are they?

WR1

Simon

seeing as London Capital Group own Prospreads its no surprise to see someone from cap spreads defending there own
but some of what you ve written is complete rubbish

are you saying most brokers are whiter than white, and traders are crooks

next you ll be defending CMC markets and their boss, his company gets rated by traders on here as 1
but hes still worth 10bill+ and one of the richest individuals in the square mile
(i wonder how)
but we cant ask him, as hes gone to ground after the media busted his fund raising tactics, but we all know how anyway

if there were never any problems there would be no need for sites such as T2W
or forexpeacearmy and all the others, where some of the reported antics are quite shocking

i ve been around long enough to hear and see many a trick - but at 30yrs you must know nearly all of them

London capital group are no saints and there intertrader is a joke
wired spikes all over the place - that they could say is computer errors or more likely problems on our side
the classic broker line used by all

all ive tried to do here is get some clarification on some info and then add alittle that might just prompt others too look slight harder before making deposits anywhere

MF Global / PFGBest / World spreads - all gone in the last few yrs and a few more, so lets not pretend no more will go along the way or that brokers never pull a fast one or two,

If the trader wins someone has to loose and as most brokers never place our trades on the real market (although cant say for sure about prospreads)
but the majority don't so its either the brokers or traders that wins or looses - not the exchanges
and i think we know who normally wins - and possibly why the figure of 95% that loose is so high, as it could possibly be more likely around 50% that loose otherwise? without dealing desk intervention and MT4 broker software

BTW im with IG (also no saints)
i was looking for another broker - not really at all sure Prospreads is for me now - more so after the reply's - but hey there will always be another sucker along shortly - but all the good brokers know that.....

think i ve wrote enough (nothing on tv, so what the hell)
but will get back to the slightly more neutral site im usually on, as this its far to impartial here

brokers and there staff run complainers and questioners out of town on here, but whats new, same old story on most sites,

shame on you brokers - we know what you all do

Last edited:
seeing as London Capital Group own Prospreads its no surprise to see someone from cap spreads defending there own
but some of what you ve written is complete rubbish

are you saying most brokers are whiter than white, and traders are crooks

next you ll be defending CMC markets and their boss, his company gets rated by traders on here as 1
but hes still worth 10bill+ and one of the richest individuals in the square mile
(i wonder how)
but we cant ask him, as hes gone to ground after the media busted his fund raising tactics, but we all know how anyway

if there were never any problems there would be no need for sites such as T2W
or forexpeacearmy and all the others, where some of the reported antics are quite shocking

i ve been around long enough to hear and see many a trick - but at 30yrs you must know nearly all of them

London capital group are no saints and there intertrader is a joke
wired spikes all over the place - that they could say is computer errors or more likely problems on our side
the classic broker line used by all

all ive tried to do here is get some clarification on some info and then add alittle that might just prompt others too look slight harder before making deposits anywhere

MF Global / PFGBest / World spreads - all gone in the last few yrs and a few more so lets not pretend no more will go along the way or that brokers never pull a fast one or two, lets face it we win someone has to loose and as most brokers never place our trades on the real market (cant say for sure about prospreads)
but the majority don't so its either the brokers or trader that wins or looses not the exchanges - and i think we know who normally wins - and possibly why the figure of 95% that loose is so high as would more likely be 50% loose otherwise

BTW im with IG (also no saints)
i was looking for another broker - not really at all sure Prospreads is for me now - more so after the reply's - but hey there will always another sucker along shortly - but all the good brokers know that.....

think i ve wrote enough (nothing on tv, so what the hell)
but will get back to the slightly more neutral site im usually on, as this its far to impartial here

brokers and there staff run complainers and questioners out of town on here, but whats new, same old story on most sites,

shame on you brokers - we know what you all do
I think the picture you are painting is way too gloomy. We are dealing with market makers and they are not perfect. But a lot better compared to how they were a few years ago. We have a choice and I have so far decided to stay with them. One can always move to DMA, but just as market makers you will have other issues to deal with.

wr1

not sure what you think i am 'defending' Prospreads about as i just explained something about how orders on Futures markets work.

gle

no.. the minis are not 'real futures'... they are there for those who want futures functionality but cannot afford the huge sizes involved (a Dax contract is 25 euros a pip.. with a futures market margin requirement to match). the fact is that Prospreads used to only permit Professionals under Mifid . which meant very, very rich.. €500k sitting in the bank doing nothing. but about 8 months ago the Gib regulator allowed Prospreads to take retail clients (like we do in the UK). So now smaller than huge traders can use the platform

Simon

Simon, is there any way to make the ladder static? It really annoys me in fast moving markets and I'm trying to place an order. If not, can an option be made available?

Simon, is there any way to make the ladder static? It really annoys me in fast moving markets and I'm trying to place an order. If not, can an option be made available?

Hi Visaria

Simon B here. The static ladder is a preference from some DMA traders; however Prospreads would have to pay a license for this functionality as it has a patent over it. This license fee would increase the spread charged to customers.
The majority of our customers have no problem with the moving ladder and as you know limit orders can be 'dragged' up and down the ladder if you wish to amend the price.
If you would like a one-on-one demonstration of the full ladder functionality, please let us know by emailing [email protected]; alternatively we will be running webinars on ladder trading from the new year. Dates will be posted on the website next week, allowing you to register online. Anything else, please let us know.

It's more to do with the speed of the ladder during fast moving markets. I click on a price on the ladder to put an order in only to see the order placed at a different price due to the ladder moving so fast. I then have to cancel that order (tricky since the ladder is moving so fast ) and reattempt to place the order at the price i wanted. Becomes a bit like a video game!

I'll be in touch to arrange the one on one training re the ladder, maybe there's something i don't know that might help.

It's more to do with the speed of the ladder during fast moving markets. I click on a price on the ladder to put an order in only to see the order placed at a different price due to the ladder moving so fast. I then have to cancel that order (tricky since the ladder is moving so fast ) and reattempt to place the order at the price i wanted. Becomes a bit like a video game!

I'll be in touch to arrange the one on one training re the ladder, maybe there's something i don't know that might help.

Visaria

There is a option which you could try if you do the following,

Click on the 'tools' then 'options' then on the box that appears click on the tab which says 'quick trade' then in the trading styles click the option which says 'sticky mouse' then ok

Do this then go back to the ladder and what you will notice is that the the mouse point will stay on the price you are on even though the ladder is still moving, hopefully this will be a useful option for your trading style

Regards

PS

Is it possible to trade strategies (automated trading) at ProSpreads ?

Does their platform offer to code strategies ? If so, using what coding language ? (C#, C, proprietary)

If not, is it possible to connect via an API ? (FIX, .NET)

Last edited:
Is it possible to trade strategies (automated trading) at ProSpreads ?

Does their platform offer to code strategies ? If so, using what coding language ? (C, C#, proprietary)

If not, is it possible to connect via an API ? (FIX, .NET)

Presently we do offer any of these services but it is avenue's which we are exploring

We will keep you posted if anything changes on this front

Regards

PS

Just a heads up, been trying to withdraw funds from prospreads for 2 days now without any success, did get an email after email chasing them saying that they are overseas and the bank cut off time is different, very odd on the basis its a refund to card and that this is 24/7. Maybe a problem?? Have sent yet another chase email asking for my money.

Just a heads up, been trying to withdraw funds from prospreads for 2 days now without any success, did get an email after email chasing them saying that they are overseas and the bank cut off time is different, very odd on the basis its a refund to card and that this is 24/7. Maybe a problem?? Have sent yet another chase email asking for my money.

bsmart your request was received yesterday afternoon after our banking cut-off and was replied later that day that would be dealt with the following morning and has since been paid today as with our normal procedure

we are still unsure what the issue is here

Regards

PS

bsmart your request was received yesterday afternoon after our banking cut-off and was replied later that day that would be dealt with the following morning and has since been paid today as with our normal procedure

we are still unsure what the issue is here

Regards

PS

Funds have now been removed from my Prospreads account, i wished that it didn't take this to facilitate a withdrawl

Funds have now been removed from my Prospreads account, i wished that it didn't take this to facilitate a withdrawl

bsmart apologies that the funds had not been removed but be assured that the payment had been made and you will receive in accordance to our T&C's

I wanted to use you for longer term swing trading but your platform is just so absolutely **** that I happily pay 3x the spread to trade with someone else.

Your ladder is ****. Your OCO order submission is ****. Your statements are ****.