Prorealtime scanner and forum

dod

Does anyone know if it's possible to run two scans simultaneously?

Also, has anyone located a Prorealtime forum anywhere?

hi dod,

I use to use Prorealtime and I never found a way to run two scans. What I did was combine them into one scan. the only problem is, when a share is found you don't know which scan it relates to. If that's not a problem then that's your best bet.

Cheers, Beyonder,

I thought of this. The trouble is, the two scans I want are opposite sides of each other. For example, if I was scanning for stocks whose low for the past ten bars has been above a 10ma, I would also want to scan for stocks whose high for the past 10 days has been below a 10ma. This should return both rising and falling stocks over that time frame.

The Prorealtime scanner is pretty easy to use so I thought I might be able to write something like this using some kind of qualifier like 'OR'; but it doesn't seem possible.

Hi Dod

You can use OR commands, that's what I use to do.

In your example it would be:

Highscan = set out the criteria

Lowscan = set out the criteria

Filter = Highscan or Lowscan

That should work. If you also want to filter by price or volume then the Highscan or Lowscan would need to be in brackets.

HTH.

I had a problem when updating one of my screeners in that PRT doesn't recognise an indicator I created.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've occasionally had similar problems but found my way around them by cutting out the first bit of the function:

instead of using this (which is what comes up automatically when I 'insert function'

myShortExit = CALL ShortExit

I use just

= CALL StarShortExit

or

CALL StarShortExit

'StarShortExit' being my indicator