Propex looking for Traders in Singapore

Anyone who's in the trading firm can comment if the company is good or not?

Can i as a Indian Citizen apply for Singapore or Australia ?

Nikhil
Anybody can applky for any job on the planet.. not sure what exactly are you asking
Are you asking would Prop firm accept application from people who are not residents of Singapore or Australia?
It is a matter of if the company wishes to go through the visa process?
I would say it would be easier to get a work visa called Emplyment Pass In Singapore as coampred to get a Work Permit in Australia (called 457 visa)
In both cases you need a job offer..
Do prop firms offer salried jobs? I doubt!

Another way in SIngapore perhaps is form a company and get a emplyment pass etc
Australia much more difficult

Nikhil
Anybody can applky for any job on the planet.. not sure what exactly are you asking

I would say it would be easier to get a work visa called Emplyment Pass In Singapore as coampred to get a Work Permit in Australia (called 457 visa)
In both cases you need a job offer..
Do prop firms offer salried jobs? I doubt!

Another way in SIngapore perhaps is form a company and get a emplyment pass etc
Australia much more difficult

Thank you for the reply . I want to work for prop firm , i used to work in a Indian prop firm which i quit since in our training period for 6-12 months we had to trade odd lots and the buying power which i had was embarrassing , my personal buying power is 100 times more than that so i decided to quit, been trading from home. i am in that awkward place where money from trading is OK but not big enough to rent a prop desk in Dubai or Singapore , so i was searching for prop firms to work for instead.

there is one in Dubai called Dubai Trading Group but you have to spend first on training!

Yes i will be attending their training next year in all probabilities and shifting there, meanwhile i am also building a 1 year +Monthly net gain track record for now as well on my own.

Thing is how does one find out if a so called Prop firm is a genuine prop firm or just a business to make money from desk fees and so called "Training"
Also had heard that in India so called prop firms charge you a deposit so in othe rwords you are trading your own capital!

They will recruit anyone as long as they have a passion for trading.

Just apply and see if you pass their 4 week course.

Anyone who's in the trading firm can comment if the company is good or not?

Hi. I am a futures trader at Propex and have been there for approximately 18 months.

I am straight out of university, have never worked a proper full-time graduate job, and after my experience at Propex I am confident that I will be trading with them for the next ~15 years.

From the prop-trading firm alternatives available in Australia (we get a lot of leavers from other firms) I can tell you that Propex offers the best deal by far.

My experiences at Propex are very positive for the following reasons:
a) Financial backing: We have a healthy pool of money and capital and everyone is given a fair go. If you have an idea and you can execute well, you will be financially backed in a way that is relatively safe/secure for risk purposes. There is no discrimination here. The amount of risk I am allowed to take with-in 12 to 18 months would make the owners of SMB Capital fall out of their chair.

b) Training: Each person that looks after you has more than 10 years trading experience. You are given opportunities to explore styles of trading (outright, spreading) and given a choice of futures markets (bonds, equities, currencies) as well as choosing your own trading times (asian session, european, american... I do all three). And if you want to be shown what trainees have success with, you get that as well. I cannot exaggerate the value of this information enough.

c) Low barriers for progression: No questions asked, if your record shows profitable consistency and responsibility, you can jump from a $1500 --> $3,000 --> $5000 --> $10,000 daily stop in no time (and it doesn't stop there believe me). Obviously, you have to prove yourself first, but unlike other firms you will not be asked to deposit money into your account or be told to wait an arbitrary 12 or 24 months before you're handed over size & risk. In fact, if markets become volatile or relatively good for traders you will be pre-emptively suggested more size/risk to take advantage of it.

d) Risk, I.T., Market Analysis & Infrastructure: In-house Morning market meetings and Afternoon reports which give insight into past & upcoming market sentiment. Risk support 24/7. An extremely fast and reliable connection to all world markets with properly set-up computers and a multitude of optional information readily available. End of U.S. session reports which summarize the E-mini S&P500, T-notes/Bund, Commodities.. and also provide reminders for daily upcoming news data.

heard propex gives their traders very bad deals.

I have heard many complaints about all Prop firm deals and most are simply justified by the fact that Prop firms are businesses, not charities. You are not an 'employee' and you are not owed anything. If you're not happy, negotiate or leave. It's your job to show that you are worth a lot more as time progresses. With no proven track record, you are effectively worth zero.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that with 100% focus, dedication, and a ton of hard work, month 12 to month 36 at Propex can very easily destroy the salary of an Investment Banker.

I knew a few Propex Traders at Aussie Stocks Forum a few years back, they used to rave about Propex.