Prop Trading Exit Opportunities

jotec90

4 0
Hi all,

I am due to attend an interview for a well-known - on this website anyway - prop trading firm and I was hoping to get some advice from you guys.

I currently work in the hedge fund arena (research analyst) and have wanted to become a salaried trader for a number of years. I'm having a tough time getting into an investment bank, as they seem to be hiring very few graduates at the moment, so I have resorted to applying to prop trading firms. I've landed an interview and just wanted to evaluate my options/ask your opinion before I take it any further - I don't want to waste mine or anyone else's time.

I do not enjoy my current role (probably because I feel the grass is greener on the other side) and I am prepared to give up a good salary to learn the ropes. The role I have applied for gives you between 3-5 months sponsorship/training and from then on, you're on your own. Although I am hoping it won't be the case, I am concerned as to how long I may have to support myself for and whether there are any decent exit opportunities from a prop trading firm should I get the boot. Am I (more) likely to get a salaried trading role (in a bank for example) after 3-5 months trading experience or are the strategies too dissimilar? Would it show that I am keen to become a trader and would it stand me in better stead in the long run? Although I am 22, I feel that if I don't get into trading soon I will miss the boat and, at present, I don't have the capital to trade from home and make enough to live on.

Any advice/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Josh

joselopezde

31 0
After writing that, what did you do?

Did you leave your job as a analyst? Did you pass the interview?

Did you complete the training and you are now funded by the prop trading firm?

Regards

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock