Proof O Concept

Just dug out the backtest.

41.76% wins
average win/average loss 2.26

So far doesn't seem like I made an absolute balls up of it.

For your amusement:

Pips against trades backtest.

Attachments

• backtest.png
    backtest.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 172
What concept are you trying to prove?

The concept which defines the "system". If this works I'll feel comfortable assuming all the other versions work with less testing than usual.

Zutou, I don't know what you want, I thought I made it quite clear. What would you like to see?

Should I do a dumb $xx = $xxxxxxx thing?

I'm not sure if it's the need to be a bit more douche because of the "legendary" tag, the excessive use of smileys, or the fact that he's got "bieber" in his name, but I'm sort of tempted to attempt to rain on tkbieber's parade.

P.S. Was wrong on stops, the max is 60 pips (+spread +slippage)

I don't fully understand what it is that you are explaining. Is it possible to be a little more explicit without revealing your edge to us?

I don't fully understand what it is that you are explaining. Is it possible to be a little more explicit without revealing your edge to us?

Which part of it?

I'm not trying to prove this concept (setup wise) to the forum, just for myself. It is rather simple, and I don't think I could explain anything of use without revealing my edge, all I can say on the matter is new highs, new lows and moving averages are simple and work, and that's enough for me.

I'm also trying to include some useful tidbits in relation to mechanical/automated trading, and measuring performance. So if you want me to try and go into more depth I will try to oblige.

losses:

winner:

This is pretty soul destroying, been looking for other pairs to run it on, thought gbpjpy so no more exposure to eur or usd, but alas, too choppy.

I'm not trying to prove this concept (setup wise) to the forum, just for myself.

Why don't you just use your own record keeping on MS office if you're not going to talk about your strategy?

Hooray! Can go to bed now. Really should get this automated, ha.

Got royally spanked in the market today. -110 pips thus far, but it's going to happen. (can expect 700 pip drawdowns).

P.S. I'm going to trade this @ 40:1 leverage, for shiggles.

Made back some of ydays losses. Backtesting & live testing don't agree on some things I'm trying to implement, not sure what I shall do.

Currently up 60 pips total, woohoo, lol

EDIT, decided, just going to do 20 pip fixed stops, no targets. expecting 90% drawdowns :D

EDIT 2: I'm going to finish this here for now, don't think it's contributing too much for now.

Last edited: