Program Theft

was his name Vlad.... Ign.....

I had a similar problem but for a far smaller sum/stage one payment

Hopefully the life experience wasn't too expensive... but don't think you're the only one that has had to have this experience! Hope the situation irons itself out and you get what you need!

It seems this is a common problem. I just got a post on my FB account this morning.

I would post the link..not sure if I can...but it may help others getting scammed.

To the article? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to - an article about being safe with business projects sounds like something people would want to check out! :)

Thanks for all the advice. I have all his personal details..eg copies of passport photos, email address, home address, he has changed all his phone numbers, and did have the idea of posting his details on to programming, trading websites to warn others . Then only pull them details down when he delivers my code and program. I have checked and providing it is not lies it is not slander .

But I may have to start again.

So what does your program do to worth it for him to do all that ? If you want to start over, I'll be your man with a proper contract if your idea is capable of making money.

I didnt reveal any strategies. Funnily enough on our last conversation he asked me to give him my method of trading saying that he would program it more efficiently. I declined on the basis that he was not ready with the program, as he had said, but looking back now it was all coming.

Any good coders please get in touch.

Based on that, I reckon he got ran over by a car. Idiots who steal programs that don't do anything wouldn't have the ability to cross the road either.

Last edited:
Either what BeginnerJoe said, or the guy just completely copped out of the deal and gave you the eFinger.

I agree with your comments, however the amount was not trivial . I had an inkling a few weeks ago that he may attempt selling the program or using it in the same way that I had intended for my business. He had discussed joining me in a future venture, but I think he decided to go it alone with my program and idea.

My fault really, should have had him bound by contract. Its not what I would have expected from him in a million years. You live and learn.

Something really similar happened to myself, Gave a programmer my own profitable trading strategy on the basis we would share the program and its profits for our own private use only, he decided to cut all contact with me once he had the information he needed and to then sell the system.

Like you I only had conversational records to prove this was the case, In the end I just downloaded the program from a torrent website and decompiled it.

I guess you could buy your own program off him under a different alias and do that if you can't find it floating about somewhere on the internet already, bitter pill to swallow but certainly a lot cheaper than starting back at square one, chances are the program will need a lot more improvements with a programmer and your own input anyway. So try not to worry that he's ''got the system'' so to speak.

Last edited:
Written contracts! It kind of sucks it always has to come down to that, but trading is serious business already.. no sense in losing more money to shady programmers!

Well, that's a bit underhanded. I'd say any "accidental" situation is definitely out the window now!

Got myself into a bit of a mess and not sure how to go about it.

I paid a programmer FRIEND to develop something for me. I didn't sign any contracts because he was a 'friend' . Now it has turned out that he has gone AWOL, he has disconnected all phones, no replies on MSN or email, removed himself from FB and any other social networking site, even his close family have done the same.

I know I should have had it written down but the guy was a friend for over two years, stayed with family and shared time with us. I never expected in a million years that he would do this. He has it all, software, the code and the money.

All I have is our conversation transcripts archive. Is there anything I can do? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You

I've just come across this thread and have a lot of sympathy for Platinumtrader. It leaves a very bitter taste when somebody, whom you consider to be a friend, betrays you.

You may be able to get this coded for zero cost but, I'm not going to make this information available here. If you'd like to PM me, I'll point you in the right direction.

Last edited: