high frequency or daily FX data?

mindset

Hello All,

I have a friend who is developing a system for FX he wants data (which I dont have, if anybody has any I would appreciate it) I am looking for an answer to which frequency of data he should use to analyse?

Should it be high frequency or daily data? He is going to be using a statisical approach to predicting the price movements?

Best Regards,

James (mindset)

james37cu (at) hotmail.com feel free to add me

Hello All,

I have a friend who is developing a system for FX he wants data (which I dont have, if anybody has any I would appreciate it) I am looking for an answer to which frequency of data he should use to analyse?

Should it be high frequency or daily data? He is going to be using a statisical approach to predicting the price movements?

Best Regards,

James (mindset)

james37cu (at) hotmail.com feel free to add me

Hope your friend knows what he wants

You can trade from 1 min to monthly data but I can tell you now that what happened before is very unlikely to happen again. Remember Heraclitus?

A better approach may be to look at everything the price didn't do at any point in time while moving from from A to B, but that might require a bit of work.

Here you are - all free

History Center for MetaTrader 4

Oh and read and NB this, otherwise the data will be fairly worthless for what it's worth:)

MetaTrader History Data Importing and Converting Tutorial for Quality Backtesting — Forex Blog

Bon Voyage