Profit every day and no drawdowns on fx

Well done on what you've posted, but what I'm meaning is over a significant period of time e.g. five years.

Oilday, I would beg to differ with this comment, "In bull markets we can only be long or neutral, and in bear markets we can only be short or neutral.The objective is not to buy low and sell high, but to buy high and to sell higher.We can never know what price is "low." Nor can we know what price is "high."
My assumption is you trade in accordance with some sort of MA system, channel, or trendline. It would be hard to ascertain a price that is "high" using that sort of system. If you really believe that, then let me challenge you to go long the AUD/USD.
Also, I'm not going to doubt you get 45 pips per day. That's easy! but no drawdowns!? The very best of us will have drawdowns.
Don't mistaken this for finding fault with your trading system. I just wanted to make a point.

Professional discretionary traders should have immaterial drawdowns , if they are any good at trading they will make profits in all market conditions.A discretionary trader will bet on trends failing and profiting from failed trends and breakouts, as well as betting on trends materialising.

Only amateurs and learners using trading systems and set ups suffer drawdown periods.If set ups and systems fail or fail to materialise , traders will have drawdowns.

Great traders will figure out a trading style to make profits every day.

:LOL:

every day! Gosh even amatuers know that isn't possible

its odd you should say that, if i rememeber correctly, jesse livermore (who is arguably the greatest trader of recent times) says in reminescences its not possible to make a profit everyday.

I quote from the book ......

""There are times when money can be made investing and speculating in stocks, but money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year. Only the foolhardy will try it. It just is not in the cards and cannot be done." "

Even traders of today like George soros have said pretty much the same thing.

with all due respect to you I don't think you're anywhere in their league so it makes better sense to follow their advice than yours.

Fugly, just an ironic twist to what you mentioned about George Soros. He is not that great of a trader. He has billions in the markets, and margins only millions. Then, what he does is once a long has become exceedingly OB in accoradance with a percentage of traders holding on to certain positions, he lays a wod of money on it. Those trades still might back up on him by 100's of pips, but eventually, the trade just needs to turn around to profit by 50--100 pips, and he has just made another mint.
We could actually do the same thing, except on a much smaller scale.
As far as discretionary traders are concerned, here is naother irony. As long as you don't bankrupt your account, you are in the top 10% of all traders. It also does not matter if the trade/s back up on you even large amounts. As long as you have proper management and a proper gameplan for exiting, and your system wins consistently, that is all that matters.
It is the nature of trading, that most trades will show a negative before they start showing a profit. After all, you have to pay a spread, so right off the bat, you are negative.

every day! Gosh even amatuers know that isn't possible

its odd you should say that, if i rememeber correctly, jesse livermore (who is arguably the greatest trader of recent times) says in reminescences its not possible to make a profit everyday.

I quote from the book ......

""There are times when money can be made investing and speculating in stocks, but money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year. Only the foolhardy will try it. It just is not in the cards and cannot be done." "

Even traders of today like George soros have said pretty much the same thing.

with all due respect to you I don't think you're anywhere in their league so it makes better sense to follow their advice than yours.

You are privileged to meet the trader with more guile and tricks, more cunning and faster twists and turns than the market.Meds certainly has what you haven't got.:LOL:

At least, when I said that I'm making 100% rate of success, I met the expectations.

Hate to say it, but Oildaytrader sound the kind of guy you would find on elitetrader!

If you want to post something then post something usefull for the community or something with value, as for as i can see you have neither said or shared anything usefull on this thread, or asked any intelligent questions for that matter, sorry to sound so harsh...but i call a orange for an orange and a apple for an apple.

I for all would like to see more quality then quantity!

Trend this and trend that, just trade what the market is telling you at that moment, and you would not need to worrie about if the trend is up or down. I think alot of people are to hung up on finding trend and defining it as if that would solve all their problems, the problem is not how you define a trend or what a trend is, forget the trend and concentrate on the underlying reasons for why its moving in a spesific direction, then finding the trend will becoem obsolite

I can clearly see your reason for starting your post to begin with, and i would think that
anyone with some commen sense would also see right true it, i just think there are most legitimate ways
of creating some interest then having to sort to a post were you just come with a statement but nothing of value that can support it. But please also give some more credibility to your statements then just alot of hot air, this would create a more quality thread were you would at least gain some credibility.

You all enjoy your discussion!

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Last edited: