Profit every day and no drawdowns on fx

oildaytrader

Professional discretionary traders should have immaterial drawdowns , if they are any good at trading they will make profits in all market conditions.A discretionary trader will bet on trends failing and profiting from failed trends and breakouts, as well as betting on trends materialising.

Only amateurs and learners using trading systems and set ups suffer drawdown periods.If set ups and systems fail or fail to materialise , traders will have drawdowns.

Great traders will figure out a trading style to make profits every day.

:LOL:

Are you taking the p!ss or something? I thought you were a systems trader that always says discretion is bad (unless I've missed your sarcasm).

Are you taking the p!ss or something? I thought you were a systems trader that always says discretion is bad (unless I've missed your sarcasm).

For manual trading I am a discretionary trader , my automated systems are separate and are system trades .I have no involvement in system trades which are traded entirely by automated software.

No pee , just what I do.

"... trader will bet on trends " define a trend first of all!

how to recognise a trend ?

summarized : trends dont exist

is the weather trending at any time in any direction of temperatur, humidity or pressure ? no!

Last edited:
Re: "... trader will bet on trends " define a trend first of all!

how to recognise a trend ?

summarized : trends dont exist

is the weather trending at any time in any direction of temperatur, humidity or pressure ? no!

Some trends materialise but for how many peaks and troughs ?Others fail more often than materialise.How many peaks and troughs separates a confirmed trend from random noise?

What really is a trend if it fails so often and so abruptly?

how to recognise a trend ? every DRAWDOWN AND every DRAWUP is defined as a TREND!

!

Professional discretionary traders should have immaterial drawdowns , if they are any good at trading they will make profits in all market conditions.A discretionary trader will bet on trends failing and profiting from failed trends and breakouts, as well as betting on trends materialising.

Only amateurs and learners using trading systems and set ups suffer drawdown periods.If set ups and systems fail or fail to materialise , traders will have drawdowns.

I just wonder what the point of this post is. Is it to make T2W readership feel inadequate?

This is all very well and good if you can watch the markets all day - but for those of us who cannot day trade for whatever reason then end of day drawdowns are a fact of life.

And even these "professional" traders will experience intra-day drawdowns.

Amateurs and hobbyists who visit this site will most likely be trading longer timescales - so they may end up net positive over the week,month,year and not worry about the daily drawdowns because they are irrelevant - much like the day trader who has lost money over the last hour.

You are a complete and utter pleb, obviously a failed trader with an axe to grind with those that can actually make money.

You are a complete and utter pleb, obviously a failed trader with an axe to grind with those that can actually make money.

Is that why you post so much in marketing threads of system sellers and advisors?

I have moved on to trading and making money on live accounts, after listening to the internet marketeers claiming to make money, yet working with failed holy grail Gurus .

Now we all deduce comments of a internet marketeer , not a trader.

Shame after reading this Pleb , readers won't purchase your dodgy services.You can not make them into traders.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I just wonder what the point of this post is. Is it to make T2W readership feel inadequate?

This is all very well and good if you can watch the markets all day - but for those of us who cannot day trade for whatever reason then end of day drawdowns are a fact of life.

And even these "professional" traders will experience intra-day drawdowns.

Amateurs and hobbyists who visit this site will most likely be trading longer timescales - so they may end up net positive over the week,month,year and not worry about the daily drawdowns because they are irrelevant - much like the day trader who has lost money over the last hour.

Posters have in the past stated, that drawdowns over weeks and months are inevitable for all types of traders, sadly thats not true for professional day traders.The thread is aimed at a few drawdown merchants.

The t2w membership is fairly intelligent and able to accept arguments that pros do not have material drawdowns.

But a day trader even if he ends every day in profit, will still have losing trades. And so if he risks a similar % of his account as a longer term trader, he should still have a similar drawdown intraday.

Anyway, I am not sure what is helpful about your post. But if you want to demonstrate live calls, there are places here to show what you can do.

2u: "T2W site has certain standards,..."

"1.6 Please don't pretend to be an expert if you aren't one.
Humility is better than arrogance."

My take on oildaytraders posts, are,..he's obviously realized, that to walk the path of the many, isn't necessarily the most expedient !
And to share this experience is mostly futile, although it will plant the seeds eventually in fertile lands,...: )
Again,..well done Oily !

But a day trader even if he ends every day in profit, will still have losing trades. And so if he risks a similar % of his account as a longer term trader, he should still have a similar drawdown intraday.

Anyway, I am not sure what is helpful about your post. But if you want to demonstrate live calls, there are places here to show what you can do.

Agree entirely with your post , to add to that traders will need a few extra cunning tricks , twists and turns and risk taking that can not be taught by anyone else.It is this risk tolerance and trading that suits the trader's personality which can not be taught by anyone else, but only learnt through trial and error on live accounts.Systems and set ups are the early stages of a professional trader's learning curve, the holy grail awaits those who are past it.

You can't call discretionary trades live, especially when one is in for an average of 2 minutes.

Is that why you post so much in marketing threads of system sellers and advisors?

I have moved on to trading and making money on live accounts, after listening to the internet marketeers claiming to make money, yet working with failed holy grail Gurus .

Now we all deduce comments of a internet marketeer , not a trader.

Shame after reading this Pleb , readers won't purchase your dodgy services.You can not make them into traders.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You freak. Go back to demo little boy.

Reactions: D70
Re: "... trader will bet on trends " define a trend first of all!

I don't quite know what you mean, but if the pressure has been going up for the last 12 hours, then there is a likelihood of good weather within the next 6-12 hours (sunny, light winds vs rain, strong winds). That's what my watch tells me, anyway, and it has proven to be pretty much the case.

I wish there was something in the market to tell me what's very likely going to happen in the next 6 to 12 hours. :LOL:

"... of good weather within the next 6-12 hours"

r u sure that u got the issue of my remark concerning trends, drawups and drawdowns ?